The plot thickens as they say.

I have now found since I have all the parts back that my piston is such that it would never have worked in this gun.
I had surmised that it was a replacement (with one notch only it has to be) and a sear was removed expecting to make it work yet didn't work.
Having seen photo's kindly sent to me by Huttles94 my piston and the one from his gun differ in length & design greatly.
My pics should show my one notch piston is much longer and has a skirt extending where Huttles94's does not (would like to know what mine is originally from).

I have learned along the way there were two sears, the two spring type & the later one spring only and rivet (pin) alteration, used in juvenile and Model D's.
So this raises a question in it's self to me though, that being as the cylinder length and bore(?) might differ between two such models then piston length/design might differ between them too. Obviously I must find a particular one notch piston so is there more than one choice?

The only other thing that comes to mind at the moment is how far did they go at solving this? and therefore do I still have the right cocking link?

Huttles94 is kindly sending me a double sear to get me one step closer.

His photo's give me the length info & having pestered him for the piston O/D size I realise as my piston fits the cylinder I already know that, so I will have to post in wanted for the correct piston or loan, of such, a tall order but finding a sear was and Jake had one, top man.

Pic of Huttles94 piston at a fraction over 6 inches and my one at over 7 inches (would normally be a nice brag).

https://imgur.com/gallery/dYwiNRt
Steve