Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw110 opinions

Hw110 opinions

Hi just to ask as ive been offered a hw110, Basically what's your thoughts on them for those that's used them, I've had a hw100 in .22 and did not get on with it , I am however more of a 177 cal user but using the huntsman classic and the hw100 side by side the hw100 was lacking quite a bit, Only mentioned as I dont want to go the hw100 route and dont need it compared to the hw100 apart from the problems the hw100 has had over the years , Any issues with the hw110 and are they easily serviceable, Have asked before about the shot count but there seems to be a big difference from people's answers, Are they all carbine or are some standard, Thanks .

Never owned or shot one, but they seem to get mixed reviews. The mags apparently are a pain to put in & they can loose power.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Never owned or shot one, but they seem to get mixed reviews. The mags apparently are a pain to put in & they can loose power.
    Thanks for that ,As you say lots of mixed reviews , Even the shot count seems to be all over the place.

They are not great

Dave.

Never owned one myself but I serviced one for a friend of mine after it developed a leak (so it's definitely made by Weihrauch). It was relatively easy to service but slightly more involved than the HW100. Some of the internals are a bit Chad Valley and for that reason I wouldn't buy one myself. However, my friend is adamant it's one of the best pcp's he's owned, and he's had a few over the years
    Last edited by ken69; 20-08-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Never owned one myself but I serviced one for a friend of mine after it developed a leak (so it's definitely made by Weihrauch). It was relatively easy to service but slightly more involved than the HW100. Some of the internals are a bit Chad Valley and for that reason I wouldn't buy one myself. However, my friend is adamant it's one of the best pcp's he's owned, and he's had a few over the years
    Thanks for the info,

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    They are not great

Dave.
    And if people are suggesting the 100 over the 110 they must be bad.

Previous Owner

I had one for around 18 months, never had a problem at any time though I did manage to double load it once, loading mags is a bit fiddly but no problem after a bit of practice. IIRC I think around 60 good shots was what i got from a fill but it was a while ago, only moved it on as I went to all springers as I go bored of PCP’s.
    HW30STL .177, HW45 Blackstar .177, HW77 .177, LGV Challenger .177, BSA Airsporter S Mk1 .22. Original 65 .177, BSA Lightning GRT .177, HW99 .177.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullnose View Post
    I had one for around 18 months, never had a problem at any time though I did manage to double load it once, loading mags is a bit fiddly but no problem after a bit of practice. IIRC I think around 60 good shots was what i got from a fill but it was a while ago, only moved it on as I went to all springers as I go bored of PCP’s.
    Thanks for that, in all fairness I handled one a while back and thought it be great on the rats , Felt quite compact but as above so many mixed feelings about them.

I like mine, never had a problem with to but aware others have had issues.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    Mags are fiddly but no probs so far.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi just to ask as ive been offered a hw110, Basically what's your thoughts on them for those that's used them, I've had a hw100 in .22 and did not get on with it , I am however more of a 177 cal user but using the huntsman classic and the hw100 side by side the hw100 was lacking quite a bit, Only mentioned as I dont want to go the hw100 route and dont need it compared to the hw100 apart from the problems the hw100 has had over the years , Any issues with the hw110 and are they easily serviceable, Have asked before about the shot count but there seems to be a big difference from people's answers, Are they all carbine or are some standard, Thanks .
    Your having a larff. HW100 notbas goodcas a Daystate........ you are a ladd....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Your having a larff. HW100 notbas goodcas a Daystate........ you are a ladd....
    Only what I found that's all bud, Shooting the 2 side by side I found the huntsman out classed the hw100 , Just my finding that's all,

I had a lovely 2019 full length model for over a year and sorted the the low power issue myself with a full strip down and AT removal/degrease etc. I sold it to fund something else but now wished I hadn't so now looking for a nice 110 STK at right money to come along I'm familiar now with how they work so will sort any issues myself

Mine did 130 shots from 200 bar down to 100 in .177 at 11.7ft/lb sub 10 fps with QYS Streamlined heavy 9.56gn

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerphil View Post
    I had a lovely 2019 full length model for over a year and sorted the the low power issue myself with a full strip down and AT removal/degrease etc. I sold it to fund something else but now wished I hadn't so now looking for a nice 110 STK at right money to come along I'm familiar now with how they work so will sort any issues myself

Mine did 130 shots from 200 bar down to 100 in .177 at 11.7ft/lb sub 10 fps with QYS Streamlined heavy 9.56gn
    Awsome bud , Hey as long as they can easily be sorted that's the main thing, Most makes have downsides and I've had a few over the years mostly which had problems when I bought them, In all fairness only one I had to pass on as i never managed to sort that one, The 110 may be handy for the rats and NV work,