Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw110 opinions

Never had a problem loading the mags it's fairly simple..the cocking action was very smooth I don't know how you could double load it

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Utter shite. Built to a budget and not to a standard. I'm the biggest HW fan you will find and I almost feel betrayed/ embarrassed by the standard of monkey metal used in this pile of poo.

It was produced to compete with the BSA R10.
    I have no idea what was going through Herman's gangs mind when they decided to do this. I can only guess they were aiming this gun at people that had no idea what a quality gun looked like.
    Pick it up and you think, "Hell yeah this is great". Its accurate - thats a given. HW's are. Until it leaks. You cant unscrew the reservoir. Its not a case of just replacing O rings, coz you cant get at em. If you aint competent at stripping airguns, it needs to go back to Hull cartridge. Out of warranty? that's almost 200 quid including postage to get it sorted.
    The magazine system is entirely different to the HW100 Works on a indexing pin that engages on the mag underneath and pushes it round. Any slight wear on the pin or mag wont rotate the mag.
    Trigger is also vague and no where near the HW100s quality

Yes. I've had one to repair and faced all of this.

Enjoy
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Utter shite. Built to a budget and not to a standard. I'm the biggest HW fan you will find and I almost feel betrayed/ embarrassed by the standard of monkey metal used in this pile of poo.

It was produced to compete with the BSA R10.
    I have no idea what was going through Herman's gangs mind when they decided to do this. I can only guess they were aiming this gun at people that had no idea what a quality gun looked like.
    Pick it up and you think, "Hell yeah this is great". Its accurate - thats a given. HW's are. Until it leaks. You cant unscrew the reservoir. Its not a case of just replacing O rings, coz you cant get at em. If you aint competent at stripping airguns, it needs to go back to Hull cartridge. Out of warranty? that's almost 200 quid including postage to get it sorted.
    The magazine system is entirely different to the HW100 Works on a indexing pin that engages on the mag underneath and pushes it round. Any slight wear on the pin or mag wont rotate the mag.
    Trigger is also vague and no where near the HW100s quality

Yes. I've had one to repair and faced all of this.

Enjoy
    Cheers for that , Much appreciated, Its about all I need to know, Hey myself I'm a hw fan and have quite a few hw springers from the 80s with my favourite being the hw77k, Looking at reviews and some opinions over the last day/night I've think your reply is very much what others have said, Much appreciated.

Of the 2, I would go 100 over 110
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Of the 2, I would go 100 over 110
    Thanks bud , cheers.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bullnose View Post
    I had one for around 18 months, never had a problem at any time though I did manage to double load it once, loading mags is a bit fiddly but no problem after a bit of practice. IIRC I think around 60 good shots was what i got from a fill but it was a while ago, only moved it on as I went to all springers as I go bored of PCP’s.
    I done the same as u ,got bored of pcps ,had a great wolverine, s510r walnut stocks ,now back with a tx200 full length ,had it tuned at the rat works, again great gun but I'm thinking I need a pcp again, and like the look of the hw q00 ..loads say I'll regret selling the tx200 ,what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Markvegan View Post
    I done the same as u ,got bored of pcps ,had a great wolverine, s510r walnut stocks ,now back with a tx200 full length ,had it tuned at the rat works, again great gun but I'm thinking I need a pcp again, and like the look of the hw q00 ..loads say I'll regret selling the tx200 ,what to do
    Buy a s/h S400 and keep the TX.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hello, what model 110 is it and how much is the owner asking for it ?

Hw110

Ridiculously quiet and accurrate. the mag loading is fiddly, especially for a lefty. The action is smooth one the mag is in place

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Hello, what model 110 is it and how much is the owner asking for it ?
    Hi bud value wise I'm not sure, I've a couple of guns hes after and hes looking for something different,