Thread: Webley Premier B Series.

Webley Premier B Series.

Just fitted these nice wood grips to my B Series Webley Premier as one of the original plates was chipped. It's a pity that only exported, later Webley pistols were offered with wood grips as I always think they look so much better. Does anybody know if they were ever available as an extra from the factory at any time.

Brian

I did ask Webley many years ago if the 'Stoeger' grips were available in the UK, and was told they were not.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I did ask Webley many years ago if the 'Stoeger' grips were available in the UK, and was told they were not.
    Thanks David. I wonder if it was possible to order a complete Stoeger pistol from the export model range for delivery in the UK.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Thanks David. I wonder if it was possible to order a complete Stoeger pistol from the export model range for delivery in the UK.

Brian
    Not something I ever enquired about, Brian, but I doubt it would have been permissible under the terms of supply between Webley and Stoeger.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Just fitted these nice wood grips to my B Series Webley Premier as one of the original plates was chipped. I

Brian
    Did you get those grips from Protek Supplies? they have a selection available at reasonable prices and those fitted to your pistol look very similar to those I have on one of mine. Not sure that Stoeger were still Webley agents when the slant grip was introduced but certainly Beeman produced some nice ones in the 1970s-1980s

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Did you get those grips from Protek Supplies? they have a selection available at reasonable prices and those fitted to your pistol look very similar to those I have on one of mine. Not sure that Stoeger were still Webley agents when the slant grip was introduced but certainly Beeman produced some nice ones in the 1970s-1980s
    Yes, I picked the grips up from Protek at a recent Kempton Park Militaria Fair.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Beeman certainly produced some very nice grips for the Tempest/Hurricane pistols. I had a wrap around pair on a Tempest, now in someone else's collection.
    I had a straight grip Senior and Mk.11 Target both with Stoeger grips, but have never seen a slant grip Stoeger model.