I bought an Omega .177 recently from Kempton , it was in nice condition and I just fancied one at the time didn’t check it over much just bought it and took it home , seller said “yea it really powerful that is “!
Got it home tested over chrono .... 4ftIbs 😳 so after stripping discovered it has been fitted with a gas ram !
Ordered new mainspring and piston seal from Chambers , fitted parts with new guide ....... 9ftIbs 😳
stripped again and discovered I over sized the piston seal basically cocked it up !
Fitted original PTFE seal and buffer plus added 4 preload washers 11.99 ftlbs 😀
Bit too close for comfort so stripped again ! ( getting good at stripping the trigger unit now )
Removed 1 power washer 11.2 ftibs ...... that will do and shooting very well indeed .
Ordered another parachute seal and will strip and fit when arrives as I I’ve read they are more efficient than PTFE ?
Tested at the local range and extremely impressed with accuracy and performance, love the barrel lock up and safety works lovely, I would say the Omega is as good if not better than my FWB sport 124 I’m surprised the Omega doesn’t get more recognition than it did . Love mine . I’ve learnt a lot stripping and reassembling the Omega so if anybody wants any tips or advice on this fine rifle give me a shout I will more than happy to help .