Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Omega carbine

I’m still undecided about changing piston seal from the current PTFE to a parachute seal which I have ordered again after messing up the last new seal by oversizing !
    but the parachute seal from new was such a tight fit was a job to get it into the cylinder, should I just push it in without sizing ? and let it bed in naturally? or do I stick with the original PTFE and buffer which seems to work okay at the moment.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by macmerc View Post
    I’m still undecided about changing piston seal from the current PTFE to a parachute seal which I have ordered again after messing up the last new seal by oversizing !
    but the parachute seal from new was such a tight fit was a job to get it into the cylinder, should I just push it in without sizing ? and let it bed in naturally? or do I stick with the original PTFE and buffer which seems to work okay at the moment.
    size the parachute seal, but easy does it - it will wear in qickly immediately post sizing, much faster than an unsized seal would. So go for a tight but not stupidly tight fit this time.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Another Omega fan here...... 2 in my collection. I'm not sure if it's true, but I always got the feeling Webley killed off the Omega to release the Eclipse so that they could jump on the HW77 under-lever bandwagon as it was so popular at the time?

Sadly the Eclipse was a looooong way short of the HW77

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"