Thread: FWB 150 Vs 110 results

FWB 150 Vs 110 results

Feinwerkbau semi- recoiless 150t Vs recoiling 110 accuracy test.

Following on from my previous post:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....29#post8061529

Results,
    So first 10 shots at 20m with with both rifles with my usual light artillery hold, butt resting lightly in the shoulder, only really my trigger finger and thumb in contact, and forestock resting on the back of my gloved hand. Nice and repeatable.

[IMG][/IMG]

Second round of 10 shots holding a bit tighter, butt pulled into the shoulder, hand gripping the pistol grip a bit and left hand gripping the forestock a bit.

[IMG][/IMG]

As I expected the recoiling 110 did better with the lighter hold but I was surprised the 150 did better with a tighter grip, untill I had a chance to think about it.
    So I found a tighter grip is actually easier to hold on target, (I never use it with springers so came as a surprise) but the inconsistency of how tightly you hold it from shot to shot would obviously mean less accuracy with a normal springer.

With the 150 you can hold it tighter, and get a quicker and more stable hold on target without the usual effect on accuracy, which makes sense.

[IMG][/IMG]

So the groupings are almost mirrored (all sub 1" groups.)
    I think the 110 just pips the 150 at the post in this test, which is nice for the boinger crew Although the Tyrol stock actually felt a tiny bit less stable when shooting from a seated postition (awesome from standing though)

Glad I did this experiment, as I would otherwise just assumed the 150 would always be more accurate.
    I agree with previous posts that it would probably make the difference for repeated standing shots though, which it was made for.

Cheers,
    Matt

Great test, not many people have the chance to do it themself.
    Think theTyro stock has more effect on standing shots then the recoiling/recoilles systems?

Time for another test?

================

Frank

Very interesting and very well presented. I am not totally surprised the 110 edged it but I think it could have easily gone the other way with different examples of each gun.
    I do agree that where the 150 should come into its own away from the bench. The sled mechanism should make it more forgiving when used as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Very interesting and very well presented. I am not totally surprised the 110 edged it but I think it could have easily gone the other way with different examples of each gun.
    I do agree that where the 150 should come into its own away from the bench. The sled mechanism should make it more forgiving when used as intended.
    Agree. Looks to me like it shows the sled is more forgiving of variations in hold - a big deal in a standing match.

It’s very interesting, but it’s also a bit like racing, say, a 1960s Sunbeam Alpine against a 1960s MGB. Who knows what has been done to them (or not done) in the course of the last 50+ years that may affect the outcome now?

But very cool test, and thank you. Hopefully there is more to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Absolutely. And agree with the comments by all. The results may also have been very slightly different with different pellets.

Great little test yet again; thank you for sharing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks guys,

I agree with your comments, and on a different day the results could have been different, but not by much I think.
    I’ve serviced the 110, as it really needed it. The 150 had the new blue seals fitted and works well so all I did when I first got it was clean the barrel and do a pellet test.

I like Frank’s idea of seeing how much difference the Tyrol stock could make to standers, I can put it on the 110. I may revisit that in the future… on to the next project now!

Vid of this to follow.

Cheers,
    Matt

P.S as TonyL would appreciate I find the 110 much more pleasurable to shoot, as it feels alive in comparison to the 150.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 24-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.