Feinwerkbau semi- recoiless 150t Vs recoiling 110 accuracy test.

Following on from my previous post:
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....29#post8061529

Results,
So first 10 shots at 20m with with both rifles with my usual light artillery hold, butt resting lightly in the shoulder, only really my trigger finger and thumb in contact, and forestock resting on the back of my gloved hand. Nice and repeatable.

[IMG][/IMG]

Second round of 10 shots holding a bit tighter, butt pulled into the shoulder, hand gripping the pistol grip a bit and left hand gripping the forestock a bit.

[IMG][/IMG]

As I expected the recoiling 110 did better with the lighter hold but I was surprised the 150 did better with a tighter grip, untill I had a chance to think about it.
So I found a tighter grip is actually easier to hold on target, (I never use it with springers so came as a surprise) but the inconsistency of how tightly you hold it from shot to shot would obviously mean less accuracy with a normal springer.

With the 150 you can hold it tighter, and get a quicker and more stable hold on target without the usual effect on accuracy, which makes sense.

[IMG][/IMG]

So the groupings are almost mirrored (all sub 1" groups.)
I think the 110 just pips the 150 at the post in this test, which is nice for the boinger crew Although the Tyrol stock actually felt a tiny bit less stable when shooting from a seated postition (awesome from standing though)

Glad I did this experiment, as I would otherwise just assumed the 150 would always be more accurate.
I agree with previous posts that it would probably make the difference for repeated standing shots though, which it was made for.

Cheers,
Matt