Thread: Silencer question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    parker hale mods are simple but quite effective....those bits are the baffles.
    are you sure the mod not been used on a rimfire ?
    I've no idea of it's previous use, I bought it second hand and can't even remember where.
    It came complete as is, mate says it has no baffles so I opened it up and all seems correct it would appear so I put it back together.
    No idea how effective it is because the Meteor it's fitted to isn't operating due to mentioned trigger/latching issue.
    Probably no point having it on such a mechanically noisy gun anyway, it was just something to do for the sake of it really on a non working gun.
    If I can solve the latching I might just put it back to normal seeing as it's fairly presentable.

Steve
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

The PH is a pretty good rimfire moderator. It won't do that much on an air rifle and might even work better with no baffles at all. Just doesn't have much gas to manage on an air rifle.

A new one isn't expensive anyhow.

The hobby is just playing with it all, and getting it to go pop. The trigger doesn't have many parts and not much to go wrong.
    Have fun.