Thread: looking for valuation advice Morini pistol

looking for valuation advice Morini pistol

Hi
    I may be looking to sell my lovely Morini CM 162 EI Titanium target pistol, the pistol is in excellent condition and full working order, fitted with a right hand Rink grip which is marked as Large but adjusts down to a small size. Cylinders are dated 2013, and have the rather twee digital manometers which show pressure and shots remaining. It comes with toolkit, fill adaptor, hard case etc.

Any ideas on what I should be asking for it?

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    Hi
    I may be looking to sell my lovely Morini CM 162 EI Titanium target pistol, the pistol is in excellent condition and full working order, fitted with a right hand Rink grip which is marked as Large but adjusts down to a small size. Cylinders are dated 2013, and have the rather twee digital manometers which show pressure and shots remaining. It comes with toolkit, fill adaptor, hard case etc.

Any ideas on what I should be asking for it?
    I think your should be asking £5 for it - and I will pay you the full valuation price immediately if you decide to sell it to me

Apart from my (generous) offer, I have seen 162ie currently selling for £799-£899 and I would guess that a Titanium should be towards the higher end of that price range if it still has all the paperwork (handbook, test card and instructions for the digital manometers).

I foolishly sold my Titanium some time ago and it did not really fetch a significantly different price to the (late edition) standard 162ie that I sold soon afterwards.

Not everyone likes the digital manometers on the Titanium cylinders, but I liked them and hope to find another Titanium at some point in the future - mainly because I like the colour but appreciate that they are the same pistol as the late version 162ie that I am currently enjoying shooting.

Hope this helps - but I won't hold my breath while you consider my first offer

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 03-09-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

a generous offer indeed and may I commend you for having the bravery to offer to take such an item off of my hands.

I decided to take a punt on G*ntrader with it at £ 895 posted and sold it yesterday for a few quid less so thanks for the (nearly) unbeatable offer, it looks like you are probably correct in observing that the Titanium model does not command the sort of price difference as a used item as it did at full retail.

Still a great pistol but my target pistol days are no longer really so it was becoming an expensive doorstop.

Cheers

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    a generous offer indeed and may I commend you for having the bravery to offer to take such an item off of my hands.

I decided to take a punt on G*ntrader with it at £ 895 posted and sold it yesterday for a few quid less so thanks for the (nearly) unbeatable offer, it looks like you are probably correct in observing that the Titanium model does not command the sort of price difference as a used item as it did at full retail.

Still a great pistol but my target pistol days are no longer really so it was becoming an expensive doorstop.

Cheers

Colin
    Hi Colin,

I am pleased that you achieved a good price that is in the right ball park.

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.