Thread: RIP John Walker

RIP John Walker

Sad news my friend John Walker passed away on Wed, another loss to the airgun fraternity, he was a very talented home machinist in his tiny shed and his co2 and pcp conversions were amazing, so glad I knew him and learnt lots of stuff from him, he will be sadly missed but I know that there is tons of his work out there that people really appreciate and so his memory will go on, rip John.
    Good deals with,pesca,eragon,old bull,twotitans,paladin,gman,howard6750,rafferty,ca v123,lucky trigger,gt550a,bassmanrich,munchman,snipperuk,dm80 ,ali d,ranger,gubby_uk,deadly,gedfinn 2,viper77765,I. J.,SCOTTK,stanbridge,gmac,FRENCHI,2240phil,Gwylan, the piercer

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    RIP John.. Incredibly talented chap; we had a few conversations over the years, and you could really feel the depth of his knowledge and passion for the work he did.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by maw1 View Post
    Sad news my friend John Walker passed away on Wed, another loss to the airgun fraternity, he was a very talented home machinist in his tiny shed and his co2 and pcp conversions were amazing, so glad I knew him and learnt lots of stuff from him, he will be sadly missed but I know that there is tons of his work out there that people really appreciate and so his memory will go on, rip John.
    Oh no, not another airgun great down. The last 12 months have not been good in this respect. D T Fletcher, then John Whiscombe. Now John Walker. RIP John.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Oh no, not another airgun great down. The last 12 months have not been good in this respect. D T Fletcher, then John Whiscombe. Now John Walker. RIP John.
    Don't forget Don Blocksidge as well.
    Lawrie Amatruda has also posted a thread on John's passing in the 'Gone but not Forgotten' section: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....26-John-Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Don't forget Don Blocksidge as well.
    Lawrie Amatruda has also posted a thread on John's passing in the 'Gone but not Forgotten' section: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....26-John-Walker
    Oh yes, Don Blocksidge as well. What a truly awful year.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sad news. RIP. Always admired his work.

It has been a s41t year. Steve Pope too.