I’ve recently resealed one of these and was struck what an elegant design the self resetting valve is

On the other hand, the fiddly loading arrangement and poor sights are a bit of an afterthought , and the trigger is only so so, so I don’t think it’s up there with the greatest crosman designs ever

The thing that really struck me was how inefficient pumping is. Obviously with these there is a concern about keeping the power under the limit so I put in a ludicrous 20 pumps to chrono it. Just under our limit. On the one hand phew, on the other wow that’s a lot of work for a result that a springer will give on one compression. 6 pumps, not a small number, gave only about 6ftlbs. It is very consistent though.

(Incidentally, in all the discussions I’ve seen about keeping the power down on these one thing I have never seen tried is using a smaller tp. I suspect that is what is keeping this one legal (hooray, though I’m also going to reduce the valve volume for added security). I may do some experiments.