Thread: Webley tomahawk open sight puzzle

Webley tomahawk open sight puzzle

Hello all I have a problem and being out of airgunning for a few years has left me short of a solution for my webley tomahawk.

I intend to shoot my Tommy in the clubs open sight competition and I have the foresight sorted out but it’s the rear sight that is the issue.
    Drilling and tapping the breech block is not happening on a pristine Tommy and the scope rails don’t go all the way to the end of the cylinder so a hw77 rear sight won’t go on and the rules are diopters are not allowed.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Regards
    Me

Could you fit the 77 sight back to front?

sights

HI, could you maybe get the 77 block,then fix/ glue a thin bit of alloy,etc, then use the other part of sight, fixed to the alloy at the other end,alloy to length to suit the eye,does that make sense,good luck,Den, if you need a sight I maybe can help.

Tommy Open Sights

Interesting to see that Webley India do the Tommy now with open sights but use the flat breech block like webley used on the stingray and exocet to place the rearsight. To be honest I think you may struggle to use a rearsight on a Tommy. I'd use one of his little brothers instead.. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Interesting to see that Webley India do the Tommy now with open sights but use the flat breech block like webley used on the stingray and exocet to place the rearsight. To be honest I think you may struggle to use a rearsight on a Tommy. I'd use one of his little brothers instead.. Mach 1.5

I think you may be right sir re the stocks cheekpiece height.

Oh well I may have to use my original 52 for the competition.

Thankyou all for your idea’s and suggestions!!!

I'm wondering if you could use a couple of sling swivel clamps mounted upside down in front of the breech to mount a rearsight to, Andy ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'm wondering if you could use a couple of sling swivel clamps mounted upside down in front of the breech to mount a rearsight to, Andy ?

All the best Mick

Hey mick, as Mach 1.5 said, I struggle looking through a scope on low mounts the cheekpiece is so high.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Hey mick, as Mach 1.5 said, I struggle looking through a scope on low mounts the cheekpiece is so high.
    Ah --- missed that bit Andy.

Someone used a scope mount drilled/tapped to take rear sight. Gives height OK. Can't remember rifle tho'.

Raiser blocks

A couple of Sportsmatch AB3 arrestor/ mount raiser blocks might do the job if a HW77 rear sight block would fit them. They'd maybe give you the height you need although the early Tommie cheek piece is a tad high so even if they do the job stock wise maybe not ideal.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    ..... Webley India .....
    Webley India??!!!

Didnt know such a company existed, do you have any more info to share?
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Webley India??!!!

Didnt know such a company existed, do you have any more info to share?
    https://webleyscott.in/