Thread: Collectors' Section, here, sometimes more popular than the general section

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Personality, I've always found this section more grown up, and not effected by the petty arguing that goes on in other sections.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Personality, I've always found this section more grown up, and not effected by the petty arguing that goes on in other sections.
    Oh no it isn't.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Dont start.

Only mature sensible people in this section

image.jpeg

And good luck for tomorrow's event, Pete.

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick

I agree this is the best collectors' forum in the world, no doubt.

But there is competition, to be sure. The .co.uk airgunforum's vintage area is growing in strength and the American Vintage Airguns forum has some great members that don't post on here.

The GTA forum has a vintage area, as does the South African Air Rifles forum, and the Airgun Warriors (formerly the 'yellow') forum also covers several guns that appear in this forum. The last two (plus the AVA and my Gallery) are administered by Citizen K - a member on here - who is a true friend of vintage airgunners.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

This section is my go to place for reading on my favourite airguns. I think my age (60+) is a motivator for this.

It would be interesting to see the demographics of the visitors, based on say, age and reason for owning and reading up older airguns.

I can identify with certain types of airguns based on how they were made rather than who made them. Diana, Walther and Anschutz spring to mind. Modern variants made by these makers are more likely to be discussed in the general forum, so I tend to hang around the collector's section to read on the models that float my boat.

Yes, very good point about the age demographic of those who visit this section of the forum and, indeed, similar forums elsewhere. If new shooters are brought up with pcps, will they cross over to springers? There are still those who buy springers, because of the cost of pcps.

Rgds
    A