Thread: BSA Scorpion pistol trigger query please.

BSA Scorpion pistol trigger query please.

Thanks for looking. Looked at one yesterday with usual seized piston head.
    Seen lots of good info. on dismantle/assemble but unsure how it operates.
    Cocks but won't release. Hammer? trips but snags second cam step.
    Cocks/releases fully when set manually off the action.
    Considerable spring force of main sear seems to be acting A about F to me
    i.e. forcing sear into engagement with instead of out.
    Explanation appreciated.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Hi Jules-----Ive spent bloody ages searching on here and did a you tube search -------the pics and the video (watch in slow mo) might help identify if your hammer is bent.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....corpion+hammer

go down to post 6 and he put pics on post 12 as well.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Scorpion hammer

Jules, had this problem on one of mine, the spacer/washer next to the hammer has a rough side and a smooth side,mitring the wrong way round causes too much friction. The smooth side needs to be next to the hammer, I also added a drop of oil and this cured it. HTH, David
    Fitting, not mitring, bloody autoincorrect!
    Last edited by Ragle Jnr; 07-09-2021 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Spellcheck interference!

Thanks again Guy. May get back to it later this week.

Changed safety bar and all well now. Thanks again

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Changed safety bar and all well now. Thanks again
    Pleased you sorted it Jules
    I did that on one that I thought was faulty. I think I even checked the thickness at the cut out and they were the same. I concluded at the time that the hole for the safe spring, might be marginally out. However , this one later played up and I put a plastic shim between the housing and spacer washer. That is the only time I've had to do that on a Scorpion.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Smile

A little tip for anyone removing the trigger housing on a BSA Scorpion pistol...
    Undo the 4 screws, whist the maintube is on a sturdy flat surface, holding the trigger housing FIRMLY in situ... Then lift housing slightly and put your fingers between the maintube and trigger housing to hold the part of the trigger mechanism that wants to 'pop up' down against the housing. Then carefully wrap a couple of thick strong elastic bands to hold this part/lever in place. This stops the trigger mechanusm moving out of alignment. Just reverse the process to put the trigger housing back into place... DON'T RELEASE THE PRESSURE ON THE HOUSING UNTIL ALL 4 SCREWS ARE BACK IN PLACE.
    This might be useful to somebody doing a search in the future. I have worked on numerous Scorpion pistols and learnt the hard way!
    Btw.. If you get it wrong don't force the mechanism into place.. This will damage the safety and it won't fully engage...that's when you end up in a right pickle!
    Last edited by rapidshot; 27-09-2021 at 07:57 AM.