Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Photos - 5 Sept 2021

Kempton Photos - 5 Sept 2021

Well, this must have been the best fair this year yet. We really are spoilt with a choice of vintage and classic airguns at Kempton. The weather was kind to us and the fair was busy all day.

I managed to pick up a boxed Sears branded Crosman 600, a boxed Crosman 160 rifle and a couple of boxed pistols that I hope will make interesting review subjects for Airgun World in due course. I also sourced an original Webley Service handbook and some other literature, which I enjoy seeing at these shows.

Highlights for me were being shown a long barrelled Haenel 28, a couple of cased Webley Service air rifles, not to mention some of the boxed Webley air rifles that were kindly donated by Troubledshooter for the fair's chosen Prostrate Cancer charity. I missed a boxed Webley Mark 2 Target to photograph and saw lots of guns being sold. making for a successful event.

A commendable sum was raised for charity, with Troubledshooter's donated Webleys alone fetching over £1100.

As always, Peter and Liz Binfield, along with their excellent staff made it look easy. Thank you all for putting on an event that was enjoyed by so many traders and collectors, whilst raising a sizeable sum for charity.

Peter has just confirmed the total raised for Prostrate Cancer was an amazing £3000

A huge thank you to all who bought items from the charity tables and donated. Naturally we are incredibly grateful for the generosity of those who donated items for the charity tables - without your generosity, we would not have been able to raise such a substantial amount.

Anyway, here's a link to today's pics - enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yjpd5FDjHbBnB54Q6

I'm off to start a bottle of wine and have my tea!

John M
    Last edited by Josie & John; 07-09-2021 at 04:49 PM. Reason: amend amount raised
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

is that a tx sr i see ?

Thanks John, good to talk to you, and another good fair thanks to Binners & Co.
    Came away with a Diana 24 and a bit of a sun tan!
    Last edited by coburn; 05-09-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Great stuff. I had no idea that there was a long-barrelled variant of the Haenel 28.

Edit: and thanks to Danny’s VA Gallery, I now know that only three are known to exist.
    Last edited by Geezer; 05-09-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroscore View Post
    is that a tx sr i see ?
    yes, it was on my table

Had a great day today, and the weather was very kind too... caught up with a lot of BBS folks, and sold a good few guns too.

These are really great days out for everyone; thanks very much to Liz, Pete and crew for the organisation effort that goes into making these events so sucessful
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Well, this must have been the best fair this year yet. We really are spoilt with a choice of vintage and classic airguns at Kempton. The weather was kind to us and the fair was busy all day.

I managed to pick up a boxed Sears branded Crosman 600, a boxed Crosman 160 rifle and a couple of boxed pistols that I hope will make interesting review subjects for Airgun World in due course. I also sourced an original Webley Service handbook and some other literature, which I enjoy seeing at these shows.

Highlights for me were being shown a long barrelled Haenel 28, a couple of cased Webley Service air rifles, not to mention some of the boxed Webley air rifles that were kindly donated by Troubledshooter for the fair's chosen Prostrate Cancer charity. I missed a boxed Webley Mark 2 Target to photograph and saw lots of guns being sold. making for a successful event.

A commendable sum was raised for charity, with Troubledshooter's donated Webleys alone fetching over £1100.

As always, Peter and Liz Binfield, along with their excellent staff made it look easy. Thank you all for putting on an event that was enjoyed by so many traders and collectors, whilst raising a sizeable sum for charity. I'm sure Peter will confirm the exact amount raised in due course - thank you to those who donated items for the charity tables.

Anyway, here's a link to today's pics - enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yjpd5FDjHbBnB54Q6

I'm off to start a bottle of wine and have my tea!

John M
    Glad you had a fab day out. Weather was brilliant today . I missed this one which looks as though it was the best so far. Thanks for sharing those marvellous mouth watering pics too. It has made mt day.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Great stuff. I had no idea that there was a long-barrelled variant of the Haenel 28.

Edit: and thanks to Danny’s VA Gallery, I now know that only three are known to exist.
    I think it's up to five, (plus this one which makes six?!)

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-28/#post-6432
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The total amount raised for Prostrate Cancer has now been added to post #1.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Great pics as usual John - Thanks for sharing with those of us that couldn't be there.

Would love to make this one day.

Could you tell me who had the Benjamin pump pistol for sale, the one in the photos.

Cheers. Steve

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi John, great photos as always. what a great amount that was raised for the prostrate cancer fund. due to the very kind donations.

Nice to see all the air guns. Of course the long barreled Haenel Mod 28 was of the most interest. Wondered if this Haenel was for sale or just on display. As Danny stated, this would be the sixth documented example of this variant of the Model 28. Sure would be nice if the owner could provide us with the serial number. Again my thanks for the pictures and posting them so promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Nice to see all the air guns. Of course the long barreled Haenel Mod 28 was of the most interest. Wondered if this Haenel was for sale or just on display. As Danny stated, this would be the sixth documented example of this variant of the Model 28. Sure would be nice if the owner could provide us with the serial number. Again my thanks for the pictures and posting them so promptly.
    That Haenel would have sold half a dozen times had it been for sale. It was brought along by a collector to show me and it made my day seeing it. I'd love to own it myself.

Thank you and all for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post
    Would love to make this one day.

Could you tell me who had the Benjamin pump pistol for sale, the one in the photos.

Cheers. Steve
    Hi Steve,

If it's the one with the yellow and blue box, that was on Tim Dyson's stall.

Kind regards,

John

Happy for all that attended and so glad that a good time was had by all.

And well done on the fund raising.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!