Thread: Kempton Photos - 5 Sept 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kempton Photos - 5 Sept 2021

Well, this must have been the best fair this year yet. We really are spoilt with a choice of vintage and classic airguns at Kempton. The weather was kind to us and the fair was busy all day.

I managed to pick up a boxed Sears branded Crosman 600, a boxed Crosman 160 rifle and a couple of boxed pistols that I hope will make interesting review subjects for Airgun World in due course. I also sourced an original Webley Service handbook and some other literature, which I enjoy seeing at these shows.

Highlights for me were being shown a long barrelled Haenel 28, a couple of cased Webley Service air rifles, not to mention some of the boxed Webley air rifles that were kindly donated by Troubledshooter for the fair's chosen Prostrate Cancer charity. I missed a boxed Webley Mark 2 Target to photograph and saw lots of guns being sold. making for a successful event.

A commendable sum was raised for charity, with Troubledshooter's donated Webleys alone fetching over £1100.

As always, Peter and Liz Binfield, along with their excellent staff made it look easy. Thank you all for putting on an event that was enjoyed by so many traders and collectors, whilst raising a sizeable sum for charity.

Peter has just confirmed the total raised for Prostrate Cancer was an amazing £3000

A huge thank you to all who bought items from the charity tables and donated. Naturally we are incredibly grateful for the generosity of those who donated items for the charity tables - without your generosity, we would not have been able to raise such a substantial amount.

Anyway, here's a link to today's pics - enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yjpd5FDjHbBnB54Q6

I'm off to start a bottle of wine and have my tea!

John M
    Last edited by Josie & John; 07-09-2021 at 04:49 PM. Reason: amend amount raised
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.