Thread: Just a taste of what a Haenel 28 would look like with checkered grips like a Luger?

Just a taste of what a Haenel 28 would look like with checkered grips like a Luger?

This sure isn’t right, but it did give me a taste for what could have been?

Last edited by 45flint; 07-09-2021 at 02:30 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    A good attempt at checkering by a amature it would look a lot better done by a professional and taken right down to the end of the grips. just my take on it.

Also interesting that only the right-hand grip is checkered on this gun - maybe gave up once he/she realized how much work is involved?

Don R.

Shame the owner gave up after one grip. I agree the chequering should have gone all the way to the bottom. But I like the step in the top line.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Also interesting that only the right-hand grip is checkered on this gun - maybe gave up once he/she realized how much work is involved?

Don R.
    Bet they realized it just wasn’t what they hoped? Why do the second?
    Last edited by 45flint; 07-09-2021 at 06:58 PM.

The grip checkering on the Haenel Mod 28s is something you come across occasionally. I pick up extra grips whenever I can to replace those Haenels with the "checkered grips". The bottom pair of grips came off of a Mod 28 repeater.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Just for a bit of fun, via Photoshop I had a look at how the grips on the post-War Haenel 55R pistol might look on a Haenel 28. I was surprised at how well they fitted without much tweaking. Even the grip overhang of the 55R grip does not look out of place. I don't know if a safety catch could be made to work where it is though!

Last edited by ccdjg; 08-09-2021 at 09:07 AM.