Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singlepoint sights

Singlepoint sights

Those of us who were young men in the 70's may remember this sight system. Some thought they were good for following moving targets like running wild pigs when I was in South Africa. Have they any value to collectors today? One is for rifle and the other for shotgun with larger red dot.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

They are worth quite a bit. Mostly because Star Wars enthusiasts use them on dummy “blasters” modelled on those from the films.

They look in good condition and probably fetch a couple of hundred each on the auction site, I got £180 each for mine and they where unboxed and not as good condition..

Wow, that is a surprise. Thanks for the info guys, was thinking I would have to list them on Facebook market at a fiver each.

Baz

Bu**er... I had one on an air rifle for a while back in the 70s... didn't get on with it and gave it away.!!!

If you list them on fleabay and sell them to a buyer in America, the home guard, customs to you and I snap the dome off them to make sure there's nothing hidden inside the unit.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Bu**er... I had one on an air rifle for a while back in the 70s... didn't get on with it and gave it away.!!!
    Had one on a semi auto rim fire back in the day. The dot seemed to be about the size of a football at 50m, didn’t think it was good for anything so it went in the bin. What a mistake to make

Until Hakko brought out their red dots they were the only viable option, they saw a fair bit of military use both official and unofficial. I’ve got one with a green dot. Hens teeth
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

edbear2 Guest
    I sold a generic 1970's Jap cheap scope on the bayofdreams a few years ago (ASI ?).......anyway, I thought it may make 10-15 quid, but it went for over £80 I recall......I have never seen a single Star Wars film so had no idea someone out there wanted it badly to go on a toy gun

Get them gone......sell them as "Blaster Sights" or whatever.

Just looked and one sold recently on the 25th August for £180, it was listed as a Star Wars Single Point to give you an idea

ATB, ED

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd have said boxed as these are £250 each...

Love to have a decent scan of that brochure before you move it on if at all possible?

Good luck, probably a nice rifle there

First one I listed just sold for £200 in 5 minutes. Think it was too cheap. I will try a different tack on the second one. I will try to get colour copies of the pamphlet as they are huge when unfolded. Had a good week selling, just started Facebook Market, sold 2 bikes, chainsaw and TV in a couple of days. Better that that horrible bay, people pitch up and collect.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 08-09-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Beanun gottum dun. Hows that for speed, walked down the road and got 4 quality glossy copies afore it goes.

Baz

[IMG][[/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 08-09-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    First one I listed just sold for £200 in 5 minutes. Think it was too cheap. I will try a different tack on the second one. I will try to get colour copies of the pamphlet as they are huge when unfolded. Had a good week selling, just started Facebook Market, sold 2 bikes, chainsaw and TV in a couple of days. Better that that horrible bay, people pitch up and collect.

Baz
    Well done, Bet your glad you asked for a valuation now, Would have been a pity to sell them for a fiver each. Good luck with the other one for sale.. Col.

Just checked the one I have left it is brand new, think I may keep it. Only got bottom half of box, and now a new leaflet to go with it.

Baz