Thread: A Baikal MP-655K

A Baikal MP-655K

For Sale: A BB and pellet firing 'working replica' of the 9 mm Viking firearm from Baikal.

This is a quirky one! With its modern polymer frame and steel slide, the pistol also has some unusual features such as a reservoir for 100 BBs within what looks like the barrel, as the actual barrel sits underneath and is hidden from view until the slide is racked back. The slide has 2 locking positions, will field strip and hides an internal hammer that is pushed forward to cock the single action rather than drawn back. The pistol will also function in double action. Spare BBs can be housed within another reservoir within the full sized stick magazine that houses the standard CO2 cartridge.

The pistol comes with a pellet and BB magazine, albeit I did not get on with the pellet one as the pistol is very pellet fussy and requires long pellets to function. BBs are better and less likely to jam. Unlike many other pistols, the sights are fully adjustable and offer a clear positive sight picture, A rail can accept add on such as lazers or lights.

The original handbook is essential due to the quirky features and is included. The number in the manual matches this early pistol from 2009 (I believe they were introduced in 2008). A spare set of seals is also included and I will also include a sturdy plastic case FOC. A full review of this actual pistol is scheduled for the October issue of Airgun World. Sadly, I can't keep all the guns I review and this is the first of several I will be advertising over the next week or two. These have not been imported into the U.K. for some time now and are uncommon. £125 or can post RMSD for an additional £12.

Link to pics below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MfuPWgJxiqM19Piq8

Thanks for looking.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I am very interested in this pistol, when you say long pellets, what did you find worked best?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I am very interested in this pistol, when you say long pellets, what did you find worked best?
    Seated Bisley Mags were the best fit but are probably too heavy (and expensive!) for CO2 pistols at all but the shortest ranges. With shorter pellets, the pistol's safety feature springs into action and thinks the mag' is out of ammo, thereby preventing the pistol from firing. Using BBs in the magnetic BB mag' avoids this feature and is the way to go with this design.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

I would like to buy this pistol, could you do it for £130 posted?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I would like to buy this pistol, could you do it for £130 posted?
    Go on then; £130 posted it is.

I'll PM you to finalise the deal.

Kind regards,

John