Thread: Condition of Webley junior pistol.

Condition of Webley junior pistol.

I'm looking at selling my father in law's Webley junior pistol.
    It's the pre war, tin plate version but unsure how I would describe the condition, as I know many have patina with age.
    Have some pics if anyone could help.

Many thanks
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge1901 View Post
    I'm looking at selling my father in law's Webley junior pistol.
    It's the pre war, tin plate version but unsure how I would describe the condition, as I know many have patina with age.
    Have some pics if anyone could help.

Many thanks
    Hi,
    You have a PM.

Brian

Thanks Brian
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

A few pictures of Darren's father in laws Junior to help with assessments of its condition and realistic estimations of its value.

Brian

FWIW. I bought a really nice one off slug-gun on here a couple of weeks ago for £125+ Post =£131. Looking at the corrosion on that, I would say £100 inclusive would be reasonable

Do you have the box with it as that would add to the value don’t be hasty to sell as it will only go up in value

http://www.nramuseum.org/gun-info-re...condition.aspx

This may help. Problem is that people often overrate things (and not always because they are chancers/liars).

“Poor” becomes “very good” (esp “very good condition for age” = poor). “Very good” or “Excellent” becomes “as new” or “near mint” (a nonsense phrase, like “nearly a virgin” or “a bit pregnant”).

Best thing is always lots of good photos, and honest description (eg replacement parts, refinishing).

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    http://www.nramuseum.org/gun-info-re...condition.aspx

This may help. Problem is that people often overrate things (and not always because they are chancers/liars).

“Poor” becomes “very good” (esp “very good condition for age” = poor). “Very good” or “Excellent” becomes “as new” or “near mint” (a nonsense phrase, like “nearly a virgin” or “a bit pregnant”).

Best thing is always lots of good photos, and honest description (eg replacement parts, refinishing).
    I know what you mean, I was told it was nearly mint. 😂😂