Thread: HW100 air leak in breech

HW100 air leak in breech

My gun has started hissing air slowly from the gap at the bottom of the breech where the two sections join. Looking at strip-down videos the only thing down there is the regulator adjustment screw, before I pull it to pieces has anyone else had this problem?

This may help. Very useful, with thanks, from AGF pal. Leak at 3? d,c are far right in the dismantle photo.

Last edited by deejayuu; 16-09-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    This may help. Very useful, with thanks, from AGF pal. Leak at 3? d,c are far right in the dismantle photo.

Thanks for that, bit the bullet and removed the rear action so I could see better, turns out the two bolts on 7, the valve housing/breech, were finger tight and air was leaking out on all sides, tightened the bolts and problem solved. This is a nearly new, little used gun that has had no maintenance so it left the factory like this, rear action bolts weren't over tight either, gun is also an FAC model so that probably shook them loose. I shall be checking the rest of the bolts on the gun for tightness!!!!!!!!!!.

Result!