Thread: Jsb pellets?

Jsb pellets?

Anyone know why there is a shortage of pellets? Did they stop production during lock down or is it down to a customs backlog?
    All publicity is good....except an obituary notice!

Both i think..plus they are producing a massive order for the USA i hear.
    The looming lead ban in the Eu also means keeping the
    USA sweet.
    Airguns are becoming exceedingly popular over there.
    The trouble is finding something else as good.
    I can still get them , but not the die number i want.
    I am going to test the Qys domes in my guns soon, as i want a decent stock of competitive ammo...to save the Die 54's i have for a rainy day.
    Plan C is back to boxed Crosman Premiers and a pellet sizer
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 16-09-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

JSB shut down for 3 months during pandemic, shipping availability and cost are 10x higher on containers and a lead plant in Germany was flooded. Throw in the US demand for pellets and although stock is arriving, it’s smaller quantities being distributed. No issues getting them, but you may have to try a few different stores at present, and when someone gets stock, it often doesn’t last long if they are cheap.

QYS make very consistent pellets that some barrels love, like anything, some don’t. Unlike JSB where I could get 5% bent skirts in a tin, I have seen zero QYS that I would reject, ever. H&N FTT/BSA Gold Star also seem to be reasonable at 35-40 yards for me, but again it depends what your barrel suits. Don’t forget AADF etc are made by JSB, so you have other options.

yes the shipping costs will have lots to do with it now