Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Webley Mk3 values these days

  1. #1
    edbear2's Avatar
    edbear2 is offline Cut 'n shut Beezer airgun Geezer
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    malvern, worcs., home of the waiting to die!
    Posts
    10,262

    Webley Mk3 values these days

    A friend will be giving me a Mk3 in .177 next week to possibly put up for sale, as I recall it was very tidy, shot well and is I thnk 1960's / 70's era. Obviously difficult without photos etc. but I am out of touch so a ballpark would be handy as he has a number in mind where he may hang onto it I think.

    ATB, ED
    Last edited by edbear2; 17-09-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    "I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    7,907
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    A friend will be giving me a Mk3 in .177 next week to possibly put up for sale, as I recall it was very tidy, shot well and is I thnk 1960's 70's era. Obviously difficult without photos etc. but I am out of touch so a ballpark would be handy as he has a number in mind where he may hang onto it I think.

    ATB, ED
    Hi Ed

    Not good news for MK3s or Airsporters.
    At our last few fairs the 'run of the mill' models fetched little or no interest. Shame really because they are nice things.
    See you on 12th December

    http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    220
    The good thing going for the mk3 you have is that itís in .177 as the .177 seems to be the more sought after model I donít know what itís worth but good luck with it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,397
    Prices for everything seems to be dropping. Lockdown appeared to cause a buying frenzy and now it's over, many people have lost interest and some are just dumping. Not a good time to sell run of the mill stuff I'm afraid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, Herts
    Posts
    865
    Average/run of the mill Mk.3's and Airsporters have no more value now than they did 30 years ago. However a mint early Supertarget or a mint boxed G series Airsporter is a different thing entirely, and probably have exceeded 'inflation' during that time. Supply and demand rules!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    312
    The .177 calibre will always attract a premium over the .22 because many fewer of the smaller calibre were manufactured by Webley (.22 being the calibre of choice for most sporting shooters) but in view of the above comments I would not like to put a value on it in the current climate!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Hi Ed

    Not good news for MK3s or Airsporters.
    At our last few fairs the 'run of the mill' models fetched little or no interest. Shame really because they are nice things.
    I wonder if some of that is down to the clientele, many of whom are established collectors and already have (nearly!) enough of both models.

    Anyway, apart from rarity, condition is everything, of course.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    7,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I wonder if some of that is down to the clientele, many of whom are established collectors and already have (nearly!) enough of both models.

    Anyway, apart from rarity, condition is everything, of course.
    Good point that man....
    See you on 12th December

    http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    sheffield
    Posts
    6,518

    Thumbs up

    I just paid £300 for this one with a BSA Cadet Major thrown in!!












    I'm over the moon to have it too!! (Both!!)


    John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Posts
    2,750
    Standard Mk3's seem to go for about £150. There are an awful lot around. I noticed a good number in the Acle auction and they seem to come up with great regularity on other auction sites. They are lovely things, but pretty naff as shooters tbh. Most bought for collectability and looks I think these days. Needs to be unusual to fetch a higher price.

    Same with 'bog std' Webley pistols, once again their durability tells against them.

  11. #11
    edbear2's Avatar
    edbear2 is offline Cut 'n shut Beezer airgun Geezer
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    malvern, worcs., home of the waiting to die!
    Posts
    10,262
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Standard Mk3's seem to go for about £150. There are an awful lot around. I noticed a good number in the Acle auction and they seem to come up with great regularity on other auction sites. They are lovely things, but pretty naff as shooters tbh. Most bought for collectability and looks I think these days. Needs to be unusual to fetch a higher price.

    Same with 'bog std' Webley pistols, once again their durability tells against them.
    Can't agree with that bit, I have shot Supertargets and ordinary ones, that are smooth, quiet and tackdrivers...not powerhouses but there was a reason they were a go to Bell target rifle in their day, when the main opposition was the Airsporter Club.

    As I recall my mates was very accurate, but did not like our league control pellet the AA Field.......Will do a test if I get it and post some photos.

    As with prewar BSA's practise with the trigger is needed as heavier than a German jobby, but a good one breaks like glass (as does a BSA with work).

    ATB, ED
    "I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Basingstoke, U.K.
    Posts
    5,751
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Can't agree with that bit, I have shot Supertargets and ordinary ones, that are smooth, quiet and tackdrivers...not powerhouses but there was a reason they were a go to Bell target rifle in their day, when the main opposition was the Airsporter Club.

    As I recall my mates was very accurate, but did not like our league control pellet the AA Field.......Will do a test if I get it and post some photos.

    As with prewar BSA's practise with the trigger is needed as heavier than a German jobby, but a good one breaks like glass (as does a BSA with work).

    ATB, ED
    I agree Ed. The early 3rd series had the best triggers IMHO, which I prefer to the double pull as I find the latter spongy. The worst were the sintered units used ironically on the Supertarget. If anything, the Mark 3 was possibly oversprung and I have one that I keep meaning to fit with a lighter or cut down spring to make it shoot sweeter. I used an aperture sighted fluted stock model in the Muscle Power league a few years ago and was very pleased with her match performance.

    John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T07, T08, T09, T14, T21
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    london and bristol
    Posts
    222

    Values

    Having just watched the Holt's auction today the prices paid for MK3s will have to be reconsidered as the results could be considered to be spectacular.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    sheffield
    Posts
    6,518

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    Having just watched the Holt's auction today the prices paid for MK3s will have to be reconsidered as the results could be considered to be spectacular.
    Spectacularly high or low?


    John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    london and bristol
    Posts
    222
    Very high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •