Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw98

Hw98

So guys recently picked up a 98 that's been vortek tuned and embarrassed to say I'd never really heard much about vortek before

Well oh my god its brilliant shoots so sweet and the silencer really makes a difference.

Had many 95 and just could not get on with them also had numerous 99 again tried and as much as I wanted to like it I just never did.

The 30 I get on with but only use for opens and plinking but this 98 is brilliant it's. 177 and going to get some use.

It's currently in a hw95 stock as guy I bought it off had that configuration but cs stock on order for it.

https://youtu.be/Z2nGQ5DmkLE

Great guns highly recommended

I didn't realise Vortek were still going, if I remember correctly the piston sleeve was mounted at the rear of the action and slides inside the piston ?

All the best Mick

A couple of friends at the range had Vortek kits fitted to a couple of there rifles and having shot them, I was impressed.
    I got a rifle from a friend who could no longer shoot it and that had been sent to Tony to have it tuned by him. It's absolutely superb.
    Than then got me thinking, and I decided to get a couple of kits and tune a couple of mine. I now have 8 with Vortek kits as they transform the rifles. I highly recommend them.
    I bought the limited edition of the HW98 and I put a kit in that. The only problem was, it's so good I had to put another kit in my normal 98.

It reminds me that I must contact Tony as he wasn't well a while ago and I would like a few more kits before he retires at Christmas.

Enjoy yours Des, I can certainly understand the enjoyment you are getting from it.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I didn't realise Vortek were still going, if I remember correctly the piston sleeve was mounted at the rear of the action and slides inside the piston ?
    All the best Mick
    That is certainly correct. The last time I spoke to Tony he told me that they had released a new version which is all metal.
    I haven't got around to trying one of those out yet, but I would like to.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Pretty sure that Vortek still exist. But they may not have a current U.K. dealer.

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/V...tional_Dealers

Maybe (maybe not, these days) Krale might ship to the U.K.?

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    A couple of friends at the range had Vortek kits fitted to a couple of there rifles and having shot them, I was impressed.
    I got a rifle from a friend who could no longer shoot it and that had been sent to Tony to have it tuned by him. It's absolutely superb.
    Than then got me thinking, and I decided to get a couple of kits and tune a couple of mine. I now have 8 with Vortek kits as they transform the rifles. I highly recommend them.
    I bought the limited edition of the HW98 and I put a kit in that. The only problem was, it's so good I had to put another kit in my normal 98.

It reminds me that I must contact Tony as he wasn't well a while ago and I would like a few more kits before he retires at Christmas.

Enjoy yours Des, I can certainly understand the enjoyment you are getting from it.

Ade
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Pretty sure that Vortek still exist. But they may not have a current U.K. dealer.

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/V...tional_Dealers

Maybe (maybe not, these days) Krale might ship to the U.K.?
    Apparently Tony doesn't do tunes anymore only repairs and he is no longer a distributor not sure who is but shame as they are brilliant kits.

Glad you're loving the 98. Love mine (totally standard) and it's a keeper, for sure. Some people go the opposite 95/98 hybrid route, that is, keep the 98 stock but go with a 95 barrel to bring the weight distribution further back. All down to individual preference. Post those new piccies once it has its posh, new CS frock.

I've only ever heard good things about the Vortek kits, but V-Mach kits (some still available from Lyn Lewington?), Tinbum and Welsh Willy all help to transform the manners too and are excellent. Many people have had much success with the Tinbum short stroke heads.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

All the best Mick
    On Tom's Pyramydairblog he recently fitted a Vortek kit to the little HW30S, which demonstrates this quite nicely, Mick. It's Part 9 of his HW30S feature, if someone can post a link up?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

You could buy that combination of 98 in a 95 stock from Sportswaffen Schneider in Germany. I always thought they looked good and that particular version of the 95 stock is also my favourite, prefer it to the current one actually.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I just watched your vid and it made me happy and sad, beautiful gun, I have a spare 98 Laminate and I can see me doing a similar build in the future.

I just watched your vid and it made me happy and sad, beautiful gun, I have a spare 98 Laminate and I can see me doing a similar build in the future, Hw98 Luxus in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On Tom's Pyramydairblog he recently fitted a Vortek kit to the little HW30S, which demonstrates this quite nicely, Mick. It's Part 9 of his HW30S feature, if someone can post a link up?
    I'm going to slap you round the head with a kipper until you understand how to do links, Tone.

Here's part 9 for you :-

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2021/06/hw-30s-part-9/

Aww, thanks, Uncle Mick; that's the one.. Hope those images help.

I've not had kippers in yonks!

I'm going to slap you round the head with a kipper until you understand how to do links, Tone.

Here's part 9 for you :-

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2021/06/hw-30s-part-9/
    I hope you’ll be charging him the proper rate for that treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    I hope you’ll be charging him the proper rate for that treatment

Sick Squid, Gav.