Thread: Hw98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretty sure that Vortek still exist. But they may not have a current U.K. dealer.

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/V...tional_Dealers

Maybe (maybe not, these days) Krale might ship to the U.K.?

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    A couple of friends at the range had Vortek kits fitted to a couple of there rifles and having shot them, I was impressed.
    I got a rifle from a friend who could no longer shoot it and that had been sent to Tony to have it tuned by him. It's absolutely superb.
    Than then got me thinking, and I decided to get a couple of kits and tune a couple of mine. I now have 8 with Vortek kits as they transform the rifles. I highly recommend them.
    I bought the limited edition of the HW98 and I put a kit in that. The only problem was, it's so good I had to put another kit in my normal 98.

It reminds me that I must contact Tony as he wasn't well a while ago and I would like a few more kits before he retires at Christmas.

Enjoy yours Des, I can certainly understand the enjoyment you are getting from it.

Ade
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Pretty sure that Vortek still exist. But they may not have a current U.K. dealer.

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/V...tional_Dealers

Maybe (maybe not, these days) Krale might ship to the U.K.?
    Apparently Tony doesn't do tunes anymore only repairs and he is no longer a distributor not sure who is but shame as they are brilliant kits.

Glad you're loving the 98. Love mine (totally standard) and it's a keeper, for sure. Some people go the opposite 95/98 hybrid route, that is, keep the 98 stock but go with a 95 barrel to bring the weight distribution further back. All down to individual preference. Post those new piccies once it has its posh, new CS frock.

I've only ever heard good things about the Vortek kits, but V-Mach kits (some still available from Lyn Lewington?), Tinbum and Welsh Willy all help to transform the manners too and are excellent. Many people have had much success with the Tinbum short stroke heads.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!