Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent Chronograph For Under £100

Pro chrono in sales for £75, bite his arm off

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Pro chrono in sales for £75, bite his arm off
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....69-Chronograph
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chargeable-...V%2CB08HNG4GKS

For the price you wont go wrong, side by side to one thats a fair but more expensive it does spot on, only downfall is its mps only so you have to convert it to fps, surprisingly accurate tho for under £30 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    With my Caldwell Chrono setup under my deck umbrella I would be surprised for a single error within several hundred shots. Very reliable.
    Never had an accurate reading within 25ft/sec off one of them. Same with all led type chronos too dependant on lighting, liable to change within seconds as much as 170 ft/sec with Combro just by firing 10 degrees left. Worst has to be the slanted front polish things, never had a decent reading within 40 ft/sec, often read 50 -60 ft/sec slow or fast dependant upon light, LMBR okish got one.
    It wears thin seen 100's where supposed rifle problems are reported and turns out its the way the led type chronos are used by people, governing bodies and clubs.
    Ive a cracking video of a Caldwel IR that failed to register a single shot indoors sat in between a trusty CED M2 IR. But take the CED IR outside, its useless reads 30ft/sec slow confirmed by the better trusty two radar types around nowadays.

I have a combro, FX chrono and a cheap Chinese one that cost £25 and only reads in MPS, you simply times MPS by 3.281 to convert to FPS. They all read within a few FPS of each other. I use the Chinese one for my pistols and tend to use the FX these days for rifles. That said I have no complaints with a combro, had one for years.

I have a Caldwell. In the states they are $99.
    I also use a chinese £20 one in the workshop as it works under florescent lighting.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Bluechron BC70

I have a Bluechron Chronograph BC70 (Aluminium Version - not the plastic one) that I will soon be putting on the for sale section once I find out its value! I've put a post on here asking how much I should sell it for. It's a touchscreen colour and is in brand new condition. If you're interested, keep an eye out on the for sale section and I'll put it on as soon as I find out how much I should advertise it for! I'm sure there will be info about it if you do a google search.

ATB
    Last edited by MacSniper; 20-11-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Browning, Sako, Lanber, Ruger, Daystate…

Schmidt & Bender, Leupold, Burris, Yukon RT & XT, Konos Pro, EB Sniper, Wraith

Hundreds of satisfied users on here and other forums attest to the accuracy of the cheap Chinese jobbies. I’ve had one for years, and the readings compare to any other chrony I’ve used. Don’t get the version that attaches to the barrel, you will end up shooting the diode. The free-standing one is good for pistols or rifles, and works independent of ambient light, and down range too.

Yes, they are limited, and you have to convert m/s to whatever values you want by some external means, which is not too difficult, using a simple kinetic energy converter such as this one for instance

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/kinetic-energy

Depends what you want really, but pretty much a snip at around 30 quid