Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent Chronograph For Under £100

Decent Chronograph For Under £100

Does anyone have any information on a good chronograph for under £100. I've seen some cheap ones on but I'm not sure how good they are. I was looking for a Combro cb-625 and the chronograph doesn't need to be new but must be in good working condition. If you know of one could you let me know?
    Thanks.

Caldwell Chronograph

I have had good results with this model which has a free APP for iPhone/iPad for data storing & retrieval.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Ball...1918249&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    I have had good results with this model which has a free APP for iPhone/iPad for data storing & retrieval.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Ball...1918249&sr=8-1

]
    Is it under £100 though ?

Post header .
    Decent Chronograph For Under £100

There is chinese ones that seem to get a good write up for around £30. Only measures in meters so you need to work that out to FPS. Often sold on Amazon or Eblag.

There is this one that gets good reviews also .
    https://www.onbuy.com/gb/x3005no-wif...=&lid=47066132

There is a wifi version of it also. Also it uses a system of pins for mounting to the rifle so it's not going to fit all airguns you may have with out moving the pins about for different diameters of moderators or barrels .

Video of the older version but the setting up for attaching is the same.

https://youtu.be/dbFFF18bo-w

It can be bought at many places like Amazon or Eblag also.

Just be aware most of the close to the barrel ones may not work correctly with co2. The gas can affect the readings
    Last edited by bighit; 18-09-2021 at 11:54 AM.

I personally avoid any chrono that relies on natural light to read pellet speed, I have yet to see one that is not temramental, you can go wrong with LMBR or FX but a bit more than £100.

I have one of those £20 ones, it's OK if you want a quick reading. Shot strings are another matter as I can only speak for mine, after about 15 shots it freezes and you have to unplug it and wait for the memory to die, which is about 3 mins. Very annoying, but got me out the poop when setting the power a few times.
    Again in meters per second which is a 3ft per second variable either side, but tested against a combro and accurate enough.
    Would I recommend, yes if for a test, no for serious work
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

As a complete chrono novice, never owned or used one I had to start somewhere and got an Acetech AC6000BT at you target price via Amazon next day. Works with an app to your phone if you want to make a record. Not sure if you can load to a spread sheet but you can always type the info up.
    I hate apps and the like but it's easy enough.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Caldwell Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    I personally avoid any chrono that relies on natural light to read pellet speed, I have yet to see one that is not temramental, you can go wrong with LMBR or FX but a bit more than £100.
    With my Caldwell Chrono setup under my deck umbrella I would be surprised for a single error within several hundred shots. Very reliable.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I use one of the £18 Chinese ones
    Performs flawlessly unlike my my F1 and is just as accurate (within the accuracy of m/s units obviously)
    Last edited by harvey_s; 18-09-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster2 View Post
    Does anyone have any information on a good chronograph for under £100. I've seen some cheap ones on but I'm not sure how good they are. I was looking for a Combro cb-625 and the chronograph doesn't need to be new but must be in good working condition. If you know of one could you let me know?
    Thanks.
    I've got one in very good condition with alignment rod and instructions, looking for £50 posted in the UK.

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

The Combro and the LMBR dont use sky vanes or filters.

The pellet breaks an IR beam and I have found them to be very reliable and less fussy than sun or artificial light.

The Combro is very accurate but limited on what it can be used on. An alignment tool IMHO is essential.

It slips in a pocket and is go anywhere. Less effective on springers. Not suitable for any powder burners. Add a blue shot and it will send strings of shots to your mobile.

LMBR good but bigger unit.... various styles.

100 is a bit tight for decent kit.

I wouldnt go for doppler radar at this point. I think it needs to be around a bit longer.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Had several light dependant chronos and found each one very hit-and-miss depending on light/shade so won't touch them any more, i replaced our club chron with an LMBR ane its been very reliable and acurate have tested directly against the benchmark Skan and they are withing 3fps of each other, also found exactly the same with my FX chrono which i now use most of the time had it for the best part of a year and its allways very consitant.

My first chrono was a Combro 625 very accurate but also very slow because it has to be reset for each shot, which is easy to forget.
    I then bought a Pro-Chrono digital which I've had for about 12 years without any issues.

The main thing for me is that I need to be able to shoot through it without it blocking the sights so I'm checking output over long strings while shooting targets,
    There's nothing more wasteful than a chrono that can only be used on the work bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I've got one in very good condition with alignment rod and instructions, looking for £50 posted in the UK.

Messaged you.

Thanks for the replies, the air rifles I want to shoot over/through the chronograph are springers and pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    My first chrono was a Combro 625 very accurate but also very slow because it has to be reset for each shot, which is easy to forget.
    I then bought a Pro-Chrono digital which I've had for about 12 years without any issues.

The main thing for me is that I need to be able to shoot through it without it blocking the sights so I'm checking output over long strings while shooting targets,
    There's nothing more wasteful than a chrono that can only be used on the work bench.
    Firstly, the combro is really weapon specific. It isnt a generalist.
    Its pocke friendly
    Its not light fussy
    Its accurate
    Buy a pin/ socket and push it into a port and it doesn't need resetting each shot
    Buy blue shot to send strings to your phone. It isnt expensive.

For the job it is designed to do, the combro is excellent. It does what it says in the tin and its pretty much mych plug n play nor does it need 240v to work nor messing about with sky vanes to make it register.

The next best for long range is probably a labRadar doppler as it can read data at ranges and its by your side.

I wont look at the FX version as I think they have not totally sorted the actual product Vs reliability yet.

There are a whole host of beam breaking chrono to choose from wulith a whole host of prices and capabilities/reliabilities to choose from.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill