Thread: Airsporter spring info

Airsporter spring info

In need of advice to find a spring for a Mk 6 Airsporter, I know all the suppliers for where to get one but the advice I seek is who has experience of where would be the best to go to. I'd like completely as standard or maybe a slight power hike perhaps hence guidance of where to source from out of the various choices.

Thanks
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Airsporter spring

The Protek airsporter spring is said to be a copy of the original spring. I believe it's the only place offering them.

More power means the usual. Buy, try and cut until power is correct. I'm told that a starting point for spring length is 10% short of the coils touching. Results can be mixed as aspects other than just the spring can limit max power. There is also the how the gun feels as it's shot aspect. That can be messed up. An alternative is a kit where that has been sorted out such as

https://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/shop...k4-mk5-mk6-mk7

He also does one for the Mk1. There may be other companies offering similar.
    Last edited by ajohn; 13-10-2021 at 09:01 AM.

For a Mk6 I would use a Titan spring, trimmed to produce 10 ft lbs, guides to fit the spring and a steel piston head with o-ring.

before you start spending money though test the tap, if it leaks get another gun.

HTH
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

I've wondered if a totally leak free tap is possible on them. There aren't any seals at all and they need to rotate.

These relate to a Mk1 in the 50's. Claimed 22 Airsporter 520 ft/sec. MkIII Webly 540 ft/sec. From a review in the early 50's. Much higher than the German guns then. The text comments that the Airsporter reached an average of 480 ft/sec. Webly a little higher. Also that the German guns were lower than stated as well, more so given the way that was put.

BSA 22 Pylarms in the Airsporter but no weight given,