Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best multi point reticle you've tried ?

What's the best multi point reticle you've tried ?

Or which multi point ret works for you.

There is a lot of choice out there and I can't make my mind up which one to go for.

The Hawke 4-12x40AO rimfire .17 HMR and .22 WMR look good but I have no experience of the rets.

There are plenty of others, Optisan 4-12x40AO EMD being one of them.
    Hw77+7

Is it for either a 17HMR or .22 WMR rifle because if not it won't work, they're calibre specific

Personally I don't like the basic Hawke mil dot/half mil dot ret, I do like their 10X half mil dot with the box on each arm of the cross, & the AMX.

The best I've used is the Optisan Mil F1MH16.

Decide if you want mil dots & MOA or Mil & MRAD adjustment & go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Or which multi point ret works for you.

There is a lot of choice out there and I can't make my mind up which one to go for.

The Hawke 4-12x40AO rimfire .17 HMR and .22 WMR look good but I have no experience of the rets.

There are plenty of others, Optisan 4-12x40AO EMD being one of them.
    I like a Duplex with a point in the middle and another point where the crosshairs get thicker
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

as above as my eyes are getting older this one works fine for me

I really like the Leupold Varmint Hunter reticle.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I like a Duplex with a point in the middle and another point where the crosshairs get thicker
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    as above as my eyes are getting older this one works fine for me
    But they're not multi aim point as the OP asked are they

It all depends on how your eyes, body and brain work together. Some reticle marking are so thick that they obscure smaller targets.

So, personally, the one I favour is the SWFA MOA-QUAD, with the Hawke AMX a close second.

Sightron HHR

"Normal" duplex but with two horizontal lines underneath the main cross. For 99% of air rifle shooting its the most you'll ever need.

Was the Falcon ML16 and 20 for many years...but now am having eye trouble in lowight so gone for the Sputnik sized
    Bushnell mil dots for nights with a scope n lamp.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    If only we could custom order our own rets to our own specs
    Hw77+7

If only we could custom order our own rets to our own specs
    Do you remember Graham Blucks offerings in the 1990’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Do you remember Graham Blucks offerings in the 1990’s?
    Yes I do Craig, last I looked I still have the designs Graham Bluck sent me and I think you could custom design your own, if I remember correct, what put me off at the time was the slightly frosted effect from the discs he etched the designs on, not sure if the discs were glass or perspex ?

Most current designs fall short in my eyes, they are either too fine lined in their markings, AMX comes to mind or over embellished or are fitted to high end scopes, Nightforce, Swarovski, Meopta and S&B to name a few.

If Hawke, Nikko, Optisan and a few other reasonably priced scope makers were to run a custom shop design your own ret, I'm sure more than a few would jump at the opportunity.

All the best

John
    Hw77+7

Yes I do Craig, last I looked I still have the designs Graham Bluck sent me and I think you could custom design your own, if I remember correct, what put me off at the time was the slightly frosted effect from the discs he etched the designs on, not sure if the discs were glass or perspex ?

Most current designs fall short in my eyes, they are either too fine lined in their markings, AMX comes to mind or over embellished or are fitted to high end scopes, Nightforce, Swarovski, Meopta and S&B to name a few.

If Hawke, Nikko, Optisan and a few other reasonably priced scope makers were to run a custom shop design your own ret, I'm sure more than a few would jump at the opportunity.

All the best

John
    Morning John,
    Graham used acetate in the early days. Some results were decent, some were abysmal (my friend had one in a Tasco 8-32 with a thumbprint and other debris all over it). I know Graham switched to another material in due course but I can’t recall what it was.
    Premier Reticle through Link Arms was the best place but the work was only available for Leupold scopes and the cost was far more than Graham’s work (perhaps with good reason).
    I do agree there’s a market for a reticle custom shop - a modern version of what Graham to do.
    Best, Craig

Hawke map6

Simply the best airgun ret Ive found

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars