Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best multi point reticle you've tried ?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Yes I do Craig, last I looked I still have the designs Graham Bluck sent me and I think you could custom design your own, if I remember correct, what put me off at the time was the slightly frosted effect from the discs he etched the designs on, not sure if the discs were glass or perspex ?

Most current designs fall short in my eyes, they are either too fine lined in their markings, AMX comes to mind or over embellished or are fitted to high end scopes, Nightforce, Swarovski, Meopta and S&B to name a few.

If Hawke, Nikko, Optisan and a few other reasonably priced scope makers were to run a custom shop design your own ret, I'm sure more than a few would jump at the opportunity.

All the best

John
    Yet, to my eye the AMX isn't overly fine at all, which is pretty much the reticle issue summed up.

If you think that's fine, don't go anywhere near an Optisan FFP

I like hair fine rets as I do target work to.

I also am keen on a small illuminated floating red dot.

I prefer christmas tree rets. I dont find the info overwhelming but many do.

Trust what your natural reaction tells you.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Is it for either a 17HMR or .22 WMR rifle because if not it won't work, they're calibre specific

Personally I don't like the basic Hawke mil dot/half mil dot ret, I do like their 10X half mil dot with the box on each arm of the cross, & the AMX.

The best I've used is the Optisan Mil F1MH16.

Decide if you want mil dots & MOA or Mil & MRAD adjustment & go from there.
    I've gone back and had another look at the Hawke 17HMR & .22 WMR reticles, I can't see why they won't work ? The reticle could be adapted for air gun use but without being able to looking through this scope, the ret marking do look rather small.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I've gone back and had another look at the Hawke 17HMR & .22 WMR reticles, I can't see why they won't work ? The reticle could be adapted for air gun use but without being able to looking through this scope, the ret marking do look rather small.
    I had the .22lr version,
    you zero at 50yds at a set mag (can't remember what) & the known trajectory of that round means the other marked ranges 75, 100, 125, 150 are spot on, at that mag.

A different calibre round will have a different trajectory so the aim points will not be correct, simple.

The airgun versions with pre marked range aim points are the Map6/SR Pro type.