Thread: Walther Reign - Any Good?

Walther Reign - Any Good?

Popped into my local gun shop today and although I swore down I wouldn't buy any more air rifles I was quite taken by the feel of the Walther Reign. Does anyone have any experience of owning/shooting one? Very interested to know your thought please gents, especially regarding build quality from anyone who has stripped one
    Thanks in advance,
    Ken

The Walther Reign is a bullpupped version of Walther RM8. There are loads of reviews of the RM8 including its build quality on YouTube.

If you can get past the hideous looks, there supposed to be pretty good.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Reign

The Reign has virtually no parts in common with the RM8. I've had both.The Reign is a far better quality rifle than the RM8. It shoots very well, the magazine's are excellent, loadable from either side, with a cocking lever that can be either side. A really nice gun.
    The Reign was just a bit too short for my frame, 6' 2", 18 stone, couldn't get comfy with it. My mate bought it and loves it. Paired with a Pard 008 takes lots of rabbits as his night gun.
    The plastic stock puts people off, it didn't bother me. It's weatherproof and strong. Accurate, reliable little gun.

Regards, Paul.
    Last edited by Sgt1; 19-09-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Popped into my local gun shop today and although I swore down I wouldn't buy any more air rifles I was quite taken by the feel of the Walther Reign. Does anyone have any experience of owning/shooting one? Very interested to know your thought please gents, especially regarding build quality from anyone who has stripped one
    Thanks in advance,
    Ken
    There are some reviews on YouTube that might give you a better idea

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...fNHdUICbh_ST54

I've shot one in .22
    Pretty good

With reservations about looks and rattling stock

I was told that Umarex were going to address the stock issue
    By sound proofing
    It's the bits inside working that make the noise I think

Thank you for the comments gents, I have decided to buy a new one although I need to thin a few others out first to fund it

Thumbs up

Just one tip, they are prone to clipping some moderators, I have heard of several returned to RFDs for this. Mine didn't like my HW mod, but shot very well with a stumpy 'blade' mod purchased on another forum.
    Regards, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt1 View Post
    Just one tip, they are prone to clipping some moderators, I have heard of several returned to RFDs for this. Mine didn't like my HW mod, but shot very well with a stumpy 'blade' mod purchased on another forum.
    Regards, Paul.
    Thanks Paul, I will look out for that along with any issues with a rattle inside the stock as pointed out by gingernut

If you put a cone-ended moderator on a shrouded barrel then clipping is likely. The moderator needs to seat across the whole area of the shroud to avoid clipping. This was something BSA discovered with the release of the R10 and they had to make a flat-ended version of the VC moderator to suit it.

There isn't a rattle within the Reign stock; it's the whole stock rattling with each shot. I've tried putting some bitumen sound deadening material in mine but it hasn't made much difference.