Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where are all the interesting rifles??

where are all the interesting rifles??

The last 18 months or so has seen a dearth of interesting rifles coming onto the market.
    The usual maistream brands appear, though far fewer in quantity.
    Why's that?

I get the users, but the collectable rifles have all but disappeared

Are folk hanging on hoping to make a killing at some point?

Whats the story?

This is from the point of view only of someone who has seen a decline in "interesting" gear come to market.
    B.A.S.C. member

WIN 6.8 Western

This is one that I would like to check out. https://www.winchesterguns.com/news/...rn-rifles.html

Rob,

Maybe other members, including me, have them and are not quite ready to flog them to fund our imminent care home or other costs?

Or could you be more precise in defining “interesting”?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Rob,

Maybe other members, including me, have them and are not quite ready to flog them to fund our imminent care home or other costs?

Or could you be more precise in defining “interesting”?
    Don't suppose you have a mint RH93 there, do you?
    Can you please forward details of your NOK?
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Can you please forward details of your NOK?
    The r93 is a fabulous gun. Mine is a thumbhole stocked version.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I think all this covid crap has made a lot of people re think there priorities, and others perhaps rediscover things they otherwise would have parted with for a holiday or because they were not getting used/appreciated?

The big manufacturers are run off their feet with sales, so this has been a an unwelcome, but silver lined cloud on their sunny skies
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Join the queue sunshine ...

Seriously though, I would be sorely tempted if a .177 came up at a good price,
    Cheers, Phil

I'm about to sell a TX200 SR if that is interesting?

I really really fancy/ have a hankering for a AA Pro Target MK3, but funds are low and I haven't seen a nice one for sale for ages! I remember years ago when this place was awash with good deals on EV2's, Pro Targets, and similar - At one point I had 5 x EV2 stocks for some reason

I've also had my eye out for a nice FWB 124 since I fired Shedtuners a few years ago. Lovely little thing when fettled.

AD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    I've also had my eye out for a nice FWB 124 since I fired Shedtuners a few years ago. Lovely little thing when fettled.

AD
    Just sold a 127, just got that one 124 now.

Rob, I just sold a Phoenix; I'd defo put them in the "interesting" category. And a Bona.. only one I've ever seen. But I do agree with AD_K that there's a lot less stuff flowing through this forum than in years gone by... 15 years ago a post in the for sales section first thing in the morning would be page 3 or 4 by the evening
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

i think these days a lot of people are holding on to there good guns,saying that i sold a good few quality guns last month

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've been pretty lucky and have picked up 4 rifles in the past 3 months for my collection, the thing is, sometimes I don't see a rifle I want for sale in ages and it can be well over a year, sometimes even more and then a few turn up within a few weeks of each other, luckily I had the money for my recent purchases, I don't always have the funds, so may miss out on one, like what's already been said, when I first joined the forum it was flooded with the rifles people are desperate to get their hands on now or interesting rifles turn up in gun shops but they want a fortune for them, I bought an Airsporter carbine tap loader and an S as well from a shop and paid £275 each for them, a little time later the same shop wants £645 for an Airsporter Stutzen, way over the top, now considering the Stutzen model is identical to the Carbine model except it has about a foot extra of beech wood stuck on the front of the stock, I don't think that warrants another £270 on top, sometimes it's being at the right place at the right time to find the rifles you want.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have quite a few guns here , The springers are Mostly 80s and 2 Rapids, air ranger and a S10bbk. I've either swapped or bought, Never really sold , Not last couple of years anyway, when I sell one I will most probs sell most of them and the gear I have, I'm mid 50s and my interests are sort of changing, I've got one room holding gear and I could do with freeing it up, I'll see how the next couple of years go. Once they gone they gone so it's going to be a push to part with them,

Recently got hold of a Sterling HR81, same roots as Park.
    Titan Mohawk, and BSA Spitfire HF and SF.
    Need rear sight for Sterling if anyone has one,

The last 18 months or so has seen a dearth of interesting rifles coming onto the market.
    The usual maistream brands appear, though far fewer in quantity.
    Why's that?

I get the users, but the collectable rifles have all but disappeared.

Whats the story?
    Possibly folk choosing to sit tight and ride the wave uncertainty that seems to have seeped in most aspects of life on our little island? Possibly folk thinking, 'if I let something go now will I ever be able to replace it / find another if I change my mind at some point?' Possibly folk feeling that what they own could be much more valuable in say 12 months? I understand AA prices have jumped a bit recently so maybe sellers are choosing to hold fire and see what prices the market will settle at?

Slightly off topic but personally I don't see anything that interesting on the market as far as the 'users' are concerned either. For me there's a bit too much plastic and monkey metal around now. I acknowledge it's probably linked to production costs, profits etc. I also accept that I have a 'generational bias' having been brought up with wood and real steel.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-09-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Interesting and collectible.....I've had my AA Firepower up for nearly 2 weeks with not a sniff of interest!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500