Thread: BSA Cadet & Cadet Major

BSA Cadet & Cadet Major

Also posted in general airgun. This is in reply to a request to post an accurate thread size for the Front Stock Screws on both of these models. All of them are very similar and in fact will fit. It's worth noting there are two variations of screw; one has a reduced dia shank from the end of the thread to under the screw head; the other has the major dia all the way along to under the head. So starting with the correct one.

1] 7/32" BSF 55deg angle inc. 28tpi 0.219" O/D tapping drill 4.6mm

2] No 12 [7/32"] UNF 60deg angle inc. 28tpi 0.216" O/D tapping drill 4.7mm

3] 1BA 47.5deg angle inc. 28.25tpi 0.210" O/D tapping drill 4.5mm
    Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks Ray.
    Such information is invaluable to a BSA collector, or those wishing to refurbish such rifles.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Thumbs up

Thanks for that Ray.
    It should settle a few arguments as this one crops up quite a bit
    I thought it would be the 7/32 Bsf after realising years ago that it wasnt 3/16 or a 1/4 .

I actually bought a 7/32 die but never got round to buyind the taps.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I recently bought another Cadet from a fellow club member but one of the original fore-end screws had been replaced with a chrome plated countersunk screw which although functional obviously doesn't look right. Knibbs replacement equivalent is priced at £6 + pp. I have looked through my screw collection and cannot find anything to match so if anyone on here has a screw that matches one listed in Ray's post above with a semi-domed head then I would be willing to purchase it from them and even if the finish isn't right I could paint it black. Many thanks in anticipation of a response.

Aubrey