Thread: Phoenix Hy Score Query

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Phoenix Hy Score Query

Could anyone please tell me what the silencer thread is please. My pistol is missing the silencer and I would like to make a replica.

I've just spent ages trying to measure it and still not a clue. I would have expected UNC if they used the US tooling but it doesn't seem to match up. So much harder to measure an internal thread than an external one!

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    Could anyone please tell me what the silencer thread is please. My pistol is missing the silencer and I would like to make a replica.

I've just spent ages trying to measure it and still not a clue. I would have expected UNC if they used the US tooling but it doesn't seem to match up. So much harder to measure an internal thread than an external one!

Steve.
    No experience with the Hy-Score but never seen a UNC thread on the muzzle of anything. Usually UNF for airguns and rimfires or UNEF for the bigger powder burners. Can't see it being a Metric fine

Hy score silencer

I'll dig out mine and check with a thread gauge, will take some time to find both! David

Oh, well external dia of thread is ½ inch, but neither my metric or un thread gauges match! It's less than 20 tpi, and coarser than 1.75, angle similar to metric. I reckon 16 tpi, if any one can do Whitworth or BSF that might help. David
    Last edited by Ragle Jnr; 28-09-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    I'll dig out mine and check with a thread gauge, will take some time to find both! David

Oh, well external dia of thread is ½ inch, but neither my metric or un thread gauges match! It's less than 20 tpi, and coarser than 1.75, angle similar to metric. I reckon 16 tpi, if any one can do Whitworth or BSF that might help. David

Do you mean 1.25 ?

Metric thread.

No, in metric threads the numbers are the distance apart of the top of the threads, so they are closer, finer as the numbers decrease. The coarsest thread in my gauge is 1.75mm, and it's finer than my silencer.
    Perhaps an engineer with a set of thread tables can find what it is, given the age of these I suspect whitworth or British standard fine, unless it's a weird American size, given their origin. David

Just googled whitworth threads, 1/2 WW has 16tpi, so try and borrow a bolt or plug tap to check, may still be a different pitch!
    Last edited by Ragle Jnr; 28-09-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    No, in metric threads the numbers are the distance apart of the top of the threads, so they are closer, finer as the numbers decrease. The coarsest thread in my gauge is 1.75mm, and it's finer than my silencer.
    Perhaps an engineer with a set of thread tables can find what it is, given the age of these I suspect whitworth or British standard fine, unless it's a weird American size, given their origin. David

Just googled whitworth threads, 1/2 WW has 16tpi, so try and borrow a bolt or plug tap to check, may still be a different pitch!
    From what you have written, I'd be looking at 1/4" NPT