Thread: Diana Model 1 German 1938

Diana Model 1 German 1938

An aquaintance has asked me to refurb a Diana Model 1 rifle and I have no experience of them . This one is in very good (almost new) condition apart from a missing rear sight and a very minor rust spot near the muzzle. Apart from that, It won't kick a dart out, never mind a pellet. It's a family heirloom that belonged to a lad who didn't return from war service in 1945
    I've found an exploded drawing and it looks simple enough but has anyone got any tips (or bits) before I start taking it apart. Also, when it's done, should I expect around the 2fpe mark via a chrono when it's done?
    Can anyone help please. A sight height to the bottom of the notch would be usefull if I have to make one

edbear2 Guest
    One here, they might be kind enough to help with the sight dims problem I suppose if asked and the history explained;

https://sallyantiques.co.uk/product/...l-1-air-rifle/

ATB, ED

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    An aquaintance has asked me to refurb a Diana Model 1 rifle and I have no experience of them . This one is in very good (almost new) condition apart from a missing rear sight and a very minor rust spot near the muzzle. Apart from that, It won't kick a dart out, never mind a pellet. It's a family heirloom that belonged to a lad who didn't return from war service in 1945
    I've found an exploded drawing and it looks simple enough but has anyone got any tips (or bits) before I start taking it apart. Also, when it's done, should I expect around the 2fpe mark via a chrono when it's done?
    Can anyone help please. A sight height to the bottom of the notch would be usefull if I have to make one
    Try a few drops of oil on the leather piston seal as it might have dried out over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Try a few drops of oil on the leather piston seal as it might have dried out over the years.
    Ta for that Micky. It's currently stood up in a corner with a dollop of engine oil down the barrel and has been for a couple of days. I'm thinking that is probably a cure as they aint exactly power houses.

The sight is going to give me most trouble unless anyone has one in their odds and sods box? Got the correct tools (spanner bits) to strip it but hoping it won't come to that.

Diana Model 1 German 1938

Chambers have the rear sight for the mod 2 pistol it looks very similar to the one on the mod 1 rifle Maybe could be adapted? https://www.gunspares.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by starling View Post
    Chambers have the rear sight for the mod 2 pistol it looks very similar to the one on the mod 1 rifle Maybe could be adapted? https://www.gunspares.co.uk/
    I've emailed all the suppliers of classic parts I can think of and if nothing turns up I'll make one. After a good soak with oil it's now producing a heady 0.7fpe with cat slugs and I think that's as good as I am going to get. Waisted pellets don't exit until the second try, even after being seated in 10mm.
    Not tried it with darts yet as it's still spitting a little oil after about 50 shots. A rub with turkey foil and a touch of Philips gun blue paste has sorted the rust spots on the barrel so It's almost good to go.