Thread: Mauser K440

Mauser K440

Just picked this one up today, came from a large collection that is being sold off gradually. These rifles are very robust, the frame is built like a centre fire rifle. Apparently made by Diana, this one seems t have a longer barrel than the one from Frakor shown in the gallery. Has the original bb loader to fill the magazine. The value of these looks high by past auction sales that come up on the interweb.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Otherwise known as the Diana Model 30. I think they are in production again. Much rarer here than the Anschutz 275 and Haenels, I've only seen a couple of 30's for sale in recent years and both were expensive. Never seen a Mauser version before but recall them being advertised in the 80's as having full hunting power!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Otherwise known as the Diana Model 30. I think they are in production again. Much rarer here than the Anschutz 275 and Haenels, I've only seen a couple of 30's for sale in recent years and both were expensive. Never seen a Mauser version before but recall them being advertised in the 80's as having full hunting power!
    Same here. Awful adverts.

I have a feeling that the new ones might be made in China, but that may be an evil rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Same here. Awful adverts.

I have a feeling that the new ones might be made in China, but that may be an evil rumour.
    The Oktoberfest guns are but I'm certain the German made Model 30 was shown on either their catalogue or website earlier this year. Its not there now though.
    Last edited by Drew451; 30-09-2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: barely stringing a sentence together

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    If you look closely at my post you will see the latest production model Octoberfest below the Mauser. Very different construction, I have stripped this one about 10 times.

Baz

I have a Diana Mod 30. They were workhorses at the fun fairs. I also notice they go for substantial sums in Germany. Not very easy guns to strip given the shot counters linked to the cocking mechanism with everything held in place with pins and "c" clips.
    Like most mechanical things, their longevity is due to the high level of close fitting parts. Mine was made in Germany and has a 4.4mm rifled barrel that measures approx 42cm from the rear sight to the tip. The finish is parkerised and the stock has the Diana name on a plate recessed into the sides of the stock below the cocking bolt.

Why aren't all air rifles so easy in changing the mainspring. Large safety lever just pulls out backwards, large retaining nut at back unscrews, hey presto, out jumps spring. Much easier than the new Diana Oktoberfest.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]