Thread: BSA Mercury .22 wish to swap for a Gamo !

BSA Mercury .22 wish to swap for a Gamo !

Hi Chaps,

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone in Lancashire/travelling distance around Preston would be interested in a swap? I have an old .22 Mercury, adjustable butt pad with all sights on it.... problem is it does not push out a pellet so needs some TLC! I am not interested in opening a Mercury and dont want to be bothered with the hassle of posting so if there is anyone in the Lancs area got a GAMO 440 Hunter and would be interested in a trade? I also have a Crosman 2200 Magnum in need of a new valve, it has a new pump seal but again needs further TLC, is there a tinkerer out there with a Gamo?

Many years ago I sold a rifle that my wife bought me... it was a Gamo 440 with a walnut effect stock-I just have never seen another one and have been looking for ages but alas...

They have them at thehuntingedge.co.uk

https://www.thehuntingedge.co.uk/sho...r-rifle-combo/

Also at DAI leisure

https://www.daileisure.co.uk/gamo-hunter-440

I know you are after a swap , but they don’t seem that dear new .
    Last edited by Alakar; 28-09-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks for the links Alakar, I did not realise that they were still a current model. Later this month is the Addlington fair and I will be ordering myself a new PCP kit in Novmber... the wife controls the defence budget which will be busted.... hence the swap offer. Also it moves things around so that my better half cant follow how much I will be spending :cool

Well thats my cunning plan

Crosman 2200

I would be interested in buying the Crosman if you could post to Northampton might help fiancee towards your gamo

Hi Rair....its just too much of a pain to post now.... the rifle is very long - even longer than usual as it has a silencer on it! My post office are peculiarly nosey as well

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks for the links Alakar, I did not realise that they were still a current model. Later this month is the Addlington fair and I will be ordering myself a new PCP kit in Novmber... the wife controls the defence budget which will be busted.... hence the swap offer. Also it moves things around so that my better half cant follow how much I will be spending :cool

Just be aware some of the later latest ones have a plastic - yep plastic breach!!! so ask before you buy

A plastic breach?? Surely that cannot withstand prolonged use....? Gamo as a brand do try different models and alternative ideas but this sounds horrible

The 16th to be precise.

I know for a fact there is at least two BSA Mercury Std ( .177 ) at this event.
    Last edited by I. J.; 29-09-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thats a good idea! I may plop it on the bring and buy stall along with the 2200.... may need help with a valuation if thy dont get swapped

Thats a good idea! I may plop it on the bring and buy stall along with the 2200.... may need help with a valuation if thy dont get swapped

10% commission All we ask is that you label the gun with your asking price, details etc and stay within hollering distance.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sounds reasonable. I have no idea what they are worth, may have to ask on here, no takers on the swaps so far so would be a good way of selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    Just be aware some of the later latest ones have a plastic - yep plastic breach!!! so ask before you buy
    They certainly do.
    Had one to repair and barrel locking catch had gone along with some plastic.Rubbish.
    snarepeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    A plastic breach?? Surely that cannot withstand prolonged use....? Gamo as a brand do try different models and alternative ideas but this sounds horrible
    Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    They certainly do.
    Had one to repair and barrel locking catch had gone along with some plastic.Rubbish.
    I have no personal experience of these newer plastic breech "blocks" as fitted to some of the current models (my Vipermax had a steel breech). Gamo are certainly a forward thinking company and always willing to try new ideas, but I'm not sure I'd trust this aspect of the rifles having seen more than just the odd negative comment in the past.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!