Thread: El gamo Amina Lisa (mod 45-s-61) .177

El gamo Amina Lisa (mod 45-s-61) .177

Does anybody know much about these in the uk? I've seen a bit of info on Spanish sites but nothing on British forums (a page on tap a talk) and certainly none for sale. I've just picked one up, and apart from the stock needing a touch up as it's been refinished, it's in pretty good shape and the Blueing is alright. Trigger looks mad, I can see springs everywhere... A valuation would be handy as it would dictate whether I keep it or pass it on as I've a eye on something else.
    I'll try and post photos later and add them on here if imgur stop having a fit with my email address
    Thanks
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Testing
    [url=https://postimg.cc/fV4ngkDX][/url
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Middle one is the gamo. I'll take better pics now
    Top is a smk 15 in 177😂
    Bottom a bam in 22

Nobody own one or seen one? Or put a value on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Nobody own one or seen one? Or put a value on it?

I believe it’s an el gamo carabina, spanish for “carbine” mod 45s-61 1960
    Last edited by Lee5159; 01-10-2021 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    I believe it’s an el gamo carabina, spanish for “carbine” mod 45s-61 1960
    Thanks
    Wouldn't have guessed it was that old tbh. Do you know why it would have a hole in the top of the cylinder? Seems counter productive to me

Thanks
    Wouldn't have guessed it was that old tbh. Do you know why it would have a hole in the top of the cylinder? Seems counter productive to me
    What kind of hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    What kind of hole?
    In that lot of photos, the end one shows it. It's about 4in back from the barrel and it's a small hole with what looks like a gold coloured gauze behind it. I'd expect to see a dent or hole near a scope rail (which this doesn't have) but even then I'd not expect to see resistor hole/stop on a gun of this age. It's not a hole that's been drilled by the looks of it, it's clean and blued and looks kind of its ment to be there. What for I've no idea.

In that lot of photos, the end one shows it. It's about 4in back from the barrel and it's a small hole with what looks like a gold coloured gauze behind it. I'd expect to see a dent or hole near a scope rail (which this doesn't have) but even then I'd not expect to see resistor hole/stop on a gun of this age. It's not a hole that's been drilled by the looks of it, it's clean and blued and looks kind of its ment to be there. What for I've no idea.
    Missed the imgur gallery, sorry.

No idea, sorry. It’s odd.

No problem 👍

Do you know why it would have a hole in the top of the cylinder? Seems counter productive to me
    It’s just a maintenance hole for oiling the piston

All el gamo models have this hole on top of the cylinders

You know, I’ve owned three of them in the past and never noticed that!

Brilliant thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    You know, I’ve owned three of them in the past and never noticed that!
    Is it worth keeping? I've gone through the collection and there's only 4 out the 11 guns I actually use, this was intended as a keeper but seeing as it has no scope rail I'm not too keen anymore. If it was rougher I'd consider spot welding a rail on but it's in fairly good condition. Plus it's a 177 😅 What did you sell you others for if you remember and don't mind me asking?