Thread: Dolla pistol info and value please.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Dolla pistol info and value please.

Picked this up today along with another pistol that I was after. Any info on it please? Internet tells me it’s the third variant. And thoughts on value please? It’s fully working, with wear to nickel finish. I plan to start a sales thread in due course . Thanks Paul
    https://i.imgur.com/BpnsQKf.jpg
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    It is actually the fourth variant, as it has an oval trigger guard aperture, whereas variant three has a quadrant-shaped aperture. It can also be distinguished from variant five by the rounded, rather than squared-off, base to the grip.

These are fairly late items, for a Dolla, and were advertised beteen 1927 and 1940, and although once to be found regularly at arms fairs are now quite rare. In this condition, and assuming it has the correct breech pin, I would value it at about £60-70.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    It is actually the fourth variant, as it has an oval trigger guard aperture, whereas variant three has a quadrant-shaped aperture. It can also be distinguished from variant five by the rounded, rather than squared-off, base to the grip.

These are fairly late items, for a Dolla, and were advertised beteen 1927 and 1940, and although once to be found regularly at arms fairs are now quite rare. In this condition, and assuming it has the correct breech pin, I would value it at about £60-70.
    In my opinion you won't get a more accurate description or estimation of value than the above.

Brian

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Dolla

Many thanks that’s really useful. Paul

QUOTE=ccdjg;8073778]It is actually the fourth variant, as it has an oval trigger guard aperture, whereas

variant three has a quadrant-shaped aperture. It can also be distinguished from variant five by the rounded, rather than squared-off, base to the grip.

These are fairly late items, for a Dolla, and were advertised beteen 1927 and 1940, and although once to be found regularly at arms fairs are now quite rare. In this condition, and assuming it has the correct breech pin, I would value it at about £60-70.[/QUOTE]
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Red face

Hi

I paid £50 for mine, Not sure if it's the same as yours but strangely, When I put a pellet in I can't point it down or it drops out of the barrel!!

By tghe way, I didn't shoot those cards with it!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

There were two at our local Wimborne market a couple of weeks ago for £45 each. Should have bought the silver one.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD