Thread: Haenel Model 28R Price

Haenel Model 28R Price

£850 hammer at Mitchell’s!!!

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...e-adb100d07df2 (Ignore the price, it went for the 850 just now)

I mean, they’re rare and as far as you can see from the picture it’s in good nick, maybe too good, but is this really a £1000+ item?
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    £850 hammer at Mitchell’s!!!

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...e-adb100d07df2 (Ignore the price, it went for the 850 just now)

I mean, they’re rare and as far as you can see from the picture it’s in good nick, maybe too good, but is this really a £1000+ item?

It is now! The price gap between the ordinary & average and the rare & mint seems to be getting wider all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    It is now! The price gap between the ordinary & average and the rare & mint seems to be getting wider all the time?
    True, condition is all, but even so there must have been a healthy dose of auction fever

Without seeing it in the flesh I wasn’t sure it might not have been refinished either
    Morally flawed

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    True, condition is all, but even so there must have been a healthy dose of auction fever

Without seeing it in the flesh I wasn’t sure it might not have been refinished either
    Yes it looked refinished to me as well. and it didn't say if it was in working order or not. l sold mine which just needed a little adjustment on the magazine tube at Kempton 2018 for £425. the ABAS Major went for high price as well.

Loading port been a bit mangled? To me not in that great a shape for a collector. Collecting is funny I bought 3 of these in one year a few years back and now I rarely see them. Given 3000+ made and to me a bit of a Hugo masterpiece it’s a must have? I hold them in higher regard than my Tell 3 pistols? Haenel just can’t be beat for quality in that era. But I guess my emoji gives me away? I have seen several 1930’s brochures from different company’s in the US with these. May be the US imported more of them?
    Last edited by 45flint; 06-10-2021 at 12:37 PM.

I saw a boxed 28R fetch a grand at August's Kempton and while it was honest, there was some wear to the finish, so certainly not mint.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

H28r

I stopped bidding well before hammer. Was not worth that to me, but was to someone...
    So still looking :-)
    Steve