Thread: An interesting read.....

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

An interesting read.....

On the history of Co2 powered guns.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015...n-of-co2-guns/

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Thanks Dave, yes an interesting read.

I like the idea of shooting at work in a league, like the ladies are in the photo.

An friend of mine did set up an airgun shooting range in his works canteen some years ago, which was very popular with some of the staff

The range of Co2 guns now available is vast, and helped by the fact, I believe, by the choice of airguns that are modelled on centrefire guns.

I've got a fair few in my collection, from a Crosman 600 up to the Umarex P08 and MP40 - all good fun to use
    Last edited by Paul SE; 09-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    On the history of Co2 powered guns.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015...n-of-co2-guns/

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for posting the very interesting link to the brief history of Co2 powered guns. I was never really a great fan of these guns while I still had plenty of spring powered pistols to be chasing, but after buying a Crosman 150 I soon got the bug and now have quite few others from Crosman, Benjamin, Schimel etc. I even became interested in early pumpers, but it's easy to see why these were never as popular as the gas powered models.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for posting the very interesting link to the brief history of Co2 powered guns. I was never really a great fan of these guns while I still had plenty of spring powered pistols to be chasing, but after buying a Crosman 150 I soon got the bug and now have quite few others from Crosman, Benjamin, Schimel etc. I even became interested in early pumpers, but it's easy to see why these were never as popular as the gas powered models.

Brian
    The Crosman 150 is how I started too Brian - it's a slippery slope!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks Dave, although it hasn't helped my desire to own a Crossman 150

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Thanks Dave, although it hasn't helped my desire to own a Crossman 150
    Or a Benjamin 252, which I think predates the Crosman and is handier.

In NZ the importer of Crosman also carried Webley airguns

so adverts of the time could promote one or the other brand.I'm bound to say painted Premiers at $NZ46 hung on shop walls for months when their competition was a variety of repeating CO2 guns. Amazing to think a HW55T with fancy tyrolean stock cost no more than a Sheridan or Benjamin pump-up rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Wasn’t it the 150 that started the whole 12g co2 thing though?

(Though both would be very nice to have)
    Morally flawed

8grm CO2 capsules are fortunately still readily available from homebrew shops or stores such as Wilkos with home brewing counters. I have a Benjamin 250 & 252 both of which use these smaller capsules very efficiently.
    Brian

Thanks Geezer, thats what I do like about this forum every day is a school day and unlike the last time I was at school I do enjoy it this time around

Must admit, the 252 is a very nice looking pistol indeed and (dare I say it) better looking than the 150

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Thanks Geezer, thats what I do like about this forum every day is a school day and unlike the last time I was at school I do enjoy it this time around

Must admit, the 252 is a very nice looking pistol indeed and (dare I say it) better looking than the 150
    Never had one, but they do look cute. And their size and balance is much closer to a CF service pistol than the longer 12g tube guns.

Never had one, but they do look cute. And their size and balance is much closer to a CF service pistol than the longer 12g tube guns.
    The Crosman 150 is by far the more accurate of the two, but every home should have one of each.

Brian