Thread: j walker air gun conversions

j walker air gun conversions

hi im new to the forum so bear with me,first sad to hear the passing of mr j walker met himthrough a old mate of mine a total gentelman, second i have in my posession one of his air rifles a one off no more any were, you may say i dont believe it but it is true,it is all totaly built by is own hand to is owm specification all hand built by him,i bought this off my mate who it was built for he new john for 25 years,john used to do all his guns for him and charge him and also my mate used to return favours for him before he died i was told apparently he was thinking about letting some one have is design but unfortunatly he died ,jus shows how brilliant a gunsmith the man was his early conversions have apparently doubled in price and so they should r i p

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup, a great bloke, very clever, and came up with some very unique pieces of work...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

j walker

john was a good friend of mine for some 20 odd years the guy had a head full of amazing ideas and that showed in his work i popped to pick some parts up and change the strip light in his kitchen and found it strange that such a clever man could not change the light. then i saw him cancer i told my stunned head .then he smiled at me whilst his wife pat shoved 20 pound in my pocket which he knows i would not take .still had a cheeky smile right till the end happy plinking up there mate coddy

I never met John but we spoke on the phone on several occasions, and I always found him very helpful and feel privileged to own two of his air gun conversions, a PCP Webley Mk.11 Service and a .177 CO2 Webley Senior, I believe the only one he did, the other 8 being in .22. It was done specifically for Richard Duncalf, 'Redair' as was, now sadly deceased, from whom I purchased both items, and has the stamp 'J Walker Number 10' on the trigger block at the request of Richard, even though John only converted 9.
    These two items will eventually have to go as part of my collection disposal, but I'm in no hurry to part with them.