Thread: 0.22 Target pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0.22 Target pistol

I noticed on one of the gun selling websites that a 0.22 calibre Tau 7 was up for sale. I have no interest in buying it, but curious as the what shooting competition uses 0.22 air pistols.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

0.22 Target Pistol

Below is an extract from the NSRA Rules:

9.2.1.3 any type of compressed air or CO2 pistol calibre not exceeding 5.6 mm (.22 in) and of dimensions not exceeding those in Rule 9.2.1.1. The trigger must support 500 g (1.1 lb) weight; or
    9.2.1.4 any air pistol complying with Rule 9.2.3; or
    9.2.1.5 any type of muzzle-loading pistol or revolver of 5.6 mm (0.22 in) calibre.
    9.2.2 Pistols used in competitions under ISSF or other rules must conform to the specific regulations governing those competitions.
    9.2.3 Air pistols used in competitions under ISSF rules may be any type of compressed air or CO2 pistol calibre 4.5 mm (.177 in) which conforms with current ISSF regulations.
    You will see that 10m air pistol will (normally) be restricted to .177 but .22 may be used for other competitions. So, if you shoot 20 yard air pistol you may use .22. The Competitions Handbook is the best source, if you look at Competition 270 - Club Pistol you will see:

0.177/0.22 air pistols may be used. Free pistols may be used.
    Less well known is the fact that 20 yard pistol targets should all be scored with a 0.22A gauge. It’s the same for LWSR air\rimfire.

Rutty

Thank-you, I don't think I ever would have found that!

The British Pistol Club shoot 25m with Air.
    Anyone know if they use .22 Air pistol for this or conventional 10m Match pistol??

J
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

As a Tau fan, all I can say is that the .22s are VERY rare.
    What model was it? A Standard or Silhouet?
    Pitty the UK has left the EU; wouldve been a nice add on to my Tau collection...
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    As a Tau fan, all I can say is that the .22s are VERY rare.
    What model was it? A Standard or Silhouet?
    Pitty the UK has left the EU; wouldve been a nice add on to my Tau collection...
    I must apologise for my poor memory, it is an Aeron Brno Chameleon. I blame old age...

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/air-pi...11029135746217

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    The British Pistol Club shoot 25m with Air.
    Anyone know if they use .22 Air pistol for this or conventional 10m Match pistol??

J
    The BPC 25 mt matches, Standard pistol, and Sport pistol, are shot with 4.5mm 10 mt match pistols, mostly 5 shot, or if you are at quick reloading for "sport pistol" you can use a single shot.

In almost 50 years of shooting I've never seen a match .22 air pistol, I wonder if its a mistake by a seller not familiar with match pistols.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?