Thread: 0.22 Target pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Some years ago (following requests to do so) the MPL Postal Competition ran a 6 yard class for .22 recoiling air pistols.

In the event, the class was not too well supported, and George and myself ended up battling it out at the top of this particular class - and I shaded it "by the skin of my teeth" to win this "one-off" competition.

I still have the winning .22 Original Model 5 (with a grey coloured one piece moulded grip type) and have never found a use for it since!

One of the problems at the time was finding a good choice of .22 flat head pellets to fit the pistols, but fortunately the .22 Hobby pellets fitted and grouped in my Model 5 very nicely!

I too have an Original Mod 5 in .22 that would be a useful gun to use in the MPL.....maybe another category could be added to the forthcoming MPL competitions starting in January 2022 .... I would enter with the Mod 5

What do you think Bob ?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Suitable pellet choice could end be just as big a problem - even if you could find a good .22 match pistol.
    I've had a quick look on the J S Ramsbottom and Uttings websites and have found the following .22 flat head pellets:

Webley Verminpell

Crosman Wadcutter Match pellets (similar or the same as the Webley Verminpell)

RWS Meisterkugeln

RWS Hobby

JSB Jumbo Match pellets

BSA Target Flathead pellets

Norma S-Range Match pellets

Bisley Practice pellets

Umarex Mosquito
    Last edited by Paul SE; 04-11-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

We did try that some time ago Paul - and although we had several requests to make a 6 yard MPL Air Pistol Competition for .22 recoiling springers, if I remember correctly (?) it almost ended up with just George and myself finishing the series on our own!

The others who enquired about it (or showed some initial interest/encouragement) mostly didnt actually enter the competition (!)

Yes I still have my .22 Original Model 5 (with the one piece grey moulded grip), but I honestly don't think there would be enough interest to run a competition for .22 spring powered air pistols......but it would be really nice to be proven wrong.....

I would rather try to get a few more confirmed entries for the .177 6 yard MPL Air Pistol competition if we could. At the moment the classic air pistol shooters are a "bit thin on the ground" - maybe not so many people are interested in shooting with their classic springers any more?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

[QUOTE=zooma;8083867

I would rather try to get a few more confirmed entries for the .177 6 yard MPL Air Pistol competition if we could. At the moment the classic air pistol shooters are a "bit thin on the ground" - maybe not so many people are interested in shooting with their classic springers any more? [/QUOTE]

I completely agree with that Bob, presently the 6yd MPL air pistol entries are a bit thin on the ground it would certainly be good to get somemore interest

We can't seem to get many folk shooting airguns at our club at all
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/