Thread: Spring Powered Air Pistol Shooters Wanted.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Perhaps we could identify the scores that have been shot with any recoilless or SSP air pistol to allay any fears that some basic spring powered air pistol shooters may have as I know some have contacted myself as they feel discouraged to shoot against recoilless airguns.

Previous MPL series have shown that this is not really a problem as shooter with a recoiling springer can still beat a shooter with a recoilless air pistol - but we could identify any scores that can be deemed as being shot with a recoilless air pistol with a * just for clarity.

As each score is submitted with the shooters name and pistol used we can easily identify the recoilless (including SSP) air pistols and mark the monthly score total with an *.

I hope this will resolve the problem and encourage those with basic spring powered air pistols to enter without fear of being "out-gunned".

As a matter of interest some of the best and most consistent scores that we have recorded in the MPL air pistol series over the years have included those shot with Webley and Centre spring powered air pistols - hopefully this will encourage anyone with a spring powered air pistol to "have a go".

If we had more entries for the MPL air pistol competitions we could even have separate competitions for "kickers" (recoiling spring powered air pistols) and "recoilless" (including SSP) air pistols, but for now we need to keep them together as they always have been.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I carry out a comparison (ranking) of all pistols and rifles that I tested in my collection. In my opinion, there should be a group of springs only (without GISS) and all the rest, i.e. GISS, CO2, PCA and PCP. On the other hand, the differences are small and calm + training will prevail
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-%f0%9f%8f%85/

Quote Originally Posted by marboc View Post
    I carry out a comparison (ranking) of all pistols and rifles that I tested in my collection. In my opinion, there should be a group of springs only (without GISS) and all the rest, i.e. GISS, CO2, PCA and PCP. On the other hand, the differences are small and calm + training will prevail
    https://wiatrowkizbieracza.home.blog...-%f0%9f%8f%85/
    We do have an "Open" 6 yard Air Pistol Competition that we could include the recoilless air pistols in, along with the SSP, CO2 and PCP air pistols - but I agree with your thoughts that with practice there should be very little difference between any of them at 6 yards - but we do have this option to use as a "safety valve" if we need it to pacify or reassure any classic "springer" air pistol shooter that remains concerned about shooting against them.

I doubt it would do anything to attract any more new entries to the 6 yard Spring Powered Air Pistol competition - but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and accept any new entry from anyone that would prefer to only shoot against other "kickers" and not to shoot against any of the above mentioned recoilless types of air pistol.

Stay safe!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.