Thread: The enjoyment of reloading!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm with the op, I enjoy what bit of reloading I do and I find it therapeutic.... Great to clear your head of day to day life!!

I reload a couple of hundred rounds a month and am pleased to hear that other's enjoy it. I don't.

My lad got the Autotrickler v3 and the fancy FX120 scales https://i.imgur.com/0ZZPwCx.png a few months ago and that had speeded everything up nicely but I still find it a real chore.

yep love it as well and another bonus is I get a bit trigger happy a lot of the time and I don't worry about the cost of rounds

cheers del

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I reload a couple of hundred rounds a month and am pleased to hear that other's enjoy it. I don't.

My lad got the Autotrickler v3 and the fancy FX120 scales https://i.imgur.com/0ZZPwCx.png a few months ago and that had speeded everything up nicely but I still find it a real chore.
    Yep, me too... I only reload to save money so I can shoot more and not go bankrupt!!

When I said this on another Uk Shooting forum, I was accused of being an unsafe reloader...!!! apparently you have to love what you're doing to do it properly..!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Yep, me too... I only reload to save money so I can shoot more and not go bankrupt!!

When I said this on another Uk Shooting forum, I was accused of being an unsafe reloader...!!! apparently you have to love what you're doing to do it properly..!
    I've spent a lot of money to "save money"

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    I've spent a lot of money to "save money"
    Me too :-)

But in the long run, I am saving money... the Lee Pro 1000 I bought in 1986 is still running fine and producing high quality .38 and .45Colt ammo and the components cost a fraction of factory ammo...

Like BigDuncs i find reloading, especially rifle case prep, a real chore, so I have splashed out on things to help, but even so, I reckon the cost of those, and ammo components, is still cheaper that if I'd bought quality factory ammo..