Thread: Webley Spares Prices.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I know how you all feel and agree with you, when I went to John Knibbs for the first time a few weeks ago I was in my element, lots of lovely old secondhand rifle's (just not the ones I'm after) but it was a pleasure to find somewhere that had a decent amount unlike the gun shop that used to be near to me when I lived near Southampton, which had a load of new Chinese/foreign made guns or very small selection of over priced secondhand stuff, but there's nothing like finding a shop full of what you're after for what ever interests you have.

I'm still hoping to find a gun shop with the rifles I want for my collection but in general the price for spares and whole rifles has gone stupid, I said the other day about the £645 Airsporter Stutzen I found in a shop, I have the money to buy it but I won't because I feel it's way over priced, I may never find another one for sale or because of the next time I find one for sale again they may all be that sort of money or even more.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 09-11-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Spares at the Fairs

A talented Engineer at our fair makes spares, here are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    A talented Engineer at our fair makes spares, here are a few.

Oh my. Those are so nice it’s almost worth buying them even if you don’t need them !
    Morally flawed

Did the Service peeps come in two lengths or is this just a distortion of perspective (I suspect the latter)?

Beautiful work!

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Did the Service peeps come in two lengths or is this just a distortion of perspective (I suspect the latter)?

Beautiful work!
    Different height adjustments on the same sight type.

Paul is indeed a talented engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I know how you all feel and agree with you, when I went to John Knibbs for the first time a few weeks ago I was in my element, lots of lovely old secondhand rifle's (just not the ones I'm after) but it was a pleasure to find somewhere that had a decent amount unlike the gun shop that used to be near to me when I lived near Southampton, which had a load of new Chinese/foreign made guns or very small selection of over priced secondhand stuff, but there's nothing like finding a shop full of what you're after for what ever interests you have.

I'm still hoping to find a gun shop with the rifles I want for my collection but in general the price for spares and whole rifles has gone stupid, I said the other day about the £645 Airsporter Stutzen I found in a shop, I have the money to buy it but I won't because I feel it's way over priced, I may never find another one for sale or because of the next time I find one for sale again they may all be that sort of money or even more.

Pete
    Pete your description of the Knibbs shop visit reminded me that I started on the long and happy road as an airgun collector after a visit to my local gunshop, which had the owner's fabulous collection of vintage air rifles in cabinets scattered around the place. I first saw a Webley Service Mk2 there at the age of 16 and thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. A year or so later I had one of my own (located via Exchange & Mart) and still have it, 40 years later.

i visited the shop recently and there were only modern guns on display. Depressingly, the shopkeeper told me his main cashflow came from selling Chinese-made cheapies, which had a big price markup.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.