Thread: Which Airgun magazines do you read?

Which Airgun magazines do you read?

After a long spell of not using air rifles, i was just wondering what magazines are still availible on the market nowadays?

Not "that" long ago, i remember Airgunner, Airgun World, and the only one i ever really bought was "Sporting Air Rifle".
    most of the time the reviews were never negative, no matter how crap the product actually was, is it still the same today?

or have things moved along with a more objective view, god knows there are enough products out there to promote healthy competition.

Like a lot of people I gave up on the airgun mags for the reasons you state. I usually buy GunMart these days - the reviews of airguns still tend to be rather uncritical but the descriptions are good (unlike the photos, which are a bit errrr, blurry). They haven't quite got the hang of importing word process text into their page makeup software so anythng involving fractions appears as undicipherable gobbledegook. There are lots of general shooting reviews and info, especially shotties and rim/centrefire rifle, knives, militaria etc - just seems better value and more to read more for about the same price as the airgun mags.

The only reason I still regularly buy Airgun World is that they were instrumental in making the sport into what it is today and are the reason that men like Whiscombe / Bowkett etc, found a medium for their engineering genius. This months issue starts with TWELVE pages of repetitive adverts - and then it goes all wrong as usual. There is an unbelievably badly taken shot of a supposedly shot rabbit taking pride of space and talk in one of the articles - it beggers belief they even thought it worthy of publishing.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Modern airgun world/airgunner never seem to say a bad thing about product and are full of adds. Makes you think where they get the money from huh?
    I only buy one when i'm thinking of making a new purchase, not much substance to them imho.

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    It is so easy to slag off the magazines.
    I used to buy a cetain Mountain Biking publication but stopped after a few years because of the repetition. However thinking back, it was hard to think of something unique that they could put in every edition.
    Magazines are a good source of info for a newcomer to the sport and the magazine has to reflect this in what they put in it. For the older hand it can get frustrating to read about "Buying your first gun" for the umpteenth time.

At the end of the day could you do a better job of doing it?
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY