Thread: Heavy GEM parts.

Heavy GEM parts.

Hi I am in need of a trigger and sear for a heavy Gem about 1910 . It dosnt matter too much as regards wear, but obviously something that would work would be good.
    At the moment I dont have anything to go by as they are missing!!
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

I think I may still have some pattern part sears and triggers somewhere...but I do not know where they are so it may take a while to find them...in the meanwhile, goodluck with the search
    blah blah

Hello Dave thank you so much for your reply, actually I told a fib when I said they were missing, they were there but impossible to use. The trigger blade was less than 1/2" visable below the action, to pull it the only way it would work was pull it upwards (very difficult and almost impossable), the 'adjuster' was a cap head allan set screw, it was either so hard to pull trying to use 2 fingers or it was a hair trigger and it would go off at a touch.
    Had been played with as all the contact points and angles were wrong. It had a "O" ring conversion using a piece of plastic that looked like it had been sawn off with a blunt tenon saw.
    The barrel had been bored well off center ,from new!!
    OK a heap, a mess and rusty but crying out to be rescued, is it worth it - no but I will try my best.
    Thank you again Dave, all costs met with pleasure.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.